Censorship

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:movegoalpost:

Everyone on here can clearly see that you searched all the way back to 2016 for a post from me to have a gotcha moment. You tried showing that I wasn’t happy with the growth after the recession for which neither of these posts did because you failed to understand the context of the conversation.  

Sad thing is, you tried too hard and it didn’t do what you thought. So, yes, epic fail.  

You are correct that I did want to see what everyone’s thoughts were on the Obama recovery, but present day everyone thinks it was all money all the time back then.  

Going back and reading posts made contemporaneously  was very enlightening to see the different attitude about the economy under O at the time. 

In this very thread you were all about touting the Obama unemployment numbers yet in 2016 your the very first post after a well thought out topic/post and link about how Obama had a jobless recovery for years and in 2016 was heading back that way.  You clearly made it sound like your business wasn’t growing fast enough to hire more people even though you love hiring people.   

• Plus1 1

This is all swell, but going back to 2016 opinions doesn't change the fact that trump's economy had no different trajectory than the economy President Obama built after the 2008 recession. The point being discussed was trump's complete lie about being a better businessman - he clearly isn't, or he'd have had a much different trajectory on those charts than President Obama. 

Although what's fascinating about reading that thread is how effective trumpism has been in disaffecting so many former Republicans from the party. Archy is right - JJ and BRB used to be much more in tune with Republican values.

And then trump came along and changed the party, and now people accuse them both of being liberal right here on this very website. Which always cracks me up.

This is why I hope trump sticks around the party. His presence - like the slavering they did over him at CPAC - will keep reminding good conservatives what life under trump was like. 

• Plus1 3
15 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

B). Based on your reply, you must have missed the 27 times Trump himself denounced those groups.  Or maybe just chose to ignore them conveniently.  

Kind of like how you're casually ignoring the times he made objectively racist remarks or, at best, made incredibly ambiguous remarks? Many of which were used as rallying cries by these unhinged groups of people.

It's pretty amazing to me that most people (even Republicans) will readily admit that Trump should've shut his mouth more often and that he made a habit out of saying  stupid things, but when these stupid things he said are pointed out, there's deflection and excuse making. 

C)

It seems you are on record with your reply that the GOP actively wants the support of the racist members of society.  But only the white ones, not the black nationals, or whatever group of latino’s that hate black americans?  And you seem to believe those people vote GOP solely because they believe the GOP is a racist party, not because of other issues the GOP supports like gun rights, low taxes, border security, an America first agenda.  Am I misunderstanding you? 

I mean, I don't even know where to start with this because it's basically a caricature of everything I said. Didn't you make a pointed remark to me in recent weeks about mischaracterizing your arguments, and then you dump this?

What I did say is that the GOP has not done a good enough job ostracizing and condemning these groups of people. They often push policies these people find accommodating to their beliefs about other groups of people.

I didn't say anything about "the white ones."

I also didn't say I believe these deplorables vote GOP solely because they believe the party itself is a macrocosm of their beliefs. I pointed out that your logic in associating why these people often align with the GOP doesn't make sense.

So, virtually everything I said you've mischaracterized. What I did say is there are reasons these deplorables identify with and have found allegiance with the Republican party, and yet, these deplorables don't seem to have found the same kind of allegiance with Democrats. And a lot of other Republicans continue to throw their eggs in the same basket as these people because they believe in some similar things.

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Kind of like how you're casually ignoring the times he made objectively racist remarks or, at best, made incredibly ambiguous remarks? Many of which were used as rallying cries by these unhinged groups of people.

It's pretty amazing to me that most people (even Republicans) will readily admit that Trump should've shut his mouth more often and that he made a habit out of saying  stupid things, but when these stupid things he said are pointed out, there's deflection and excuse making. 

Not to mention the times that trump could have defused situations but instead made remarks like "Stand down and stand by," or "We love you" to white supremacists. 

He gets no pass for mouthing words that no one believes, and especially not the white supremacists. For all his hollow words "denouncing" them that @Archy1221 likes to point out as exonerating, the leaders of the white supremacists that attacked the Capitol on January 6th have stated they were following trump's orders.

White supremacists do not follow orders from their enemies. trump is their ally. They know it, and we know it, and no amount of word play changes that.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

JJ and BRB used to be much more in tune with Republican values.

I still have conservative values. It’s Republican values that I don’t have.   I know that’s what you were saying, just clarifying.  

It’s just really interesting that @Archy1221 tried so hard on this only to find posts of mine that really don’t have anything to do with the argument he’s trying to make. 

What he fails at so bad is that he thinks my posts are saying I was unhappy with the economy.  Far from it.  Starting in 2011, after 4 years of disaster in our industry, we started growing again and ended up having the best 9 continuous years in the history of our 76 year old company. 

So, for him to think that in august of 2016 I was unhappy is just flat out laughable. What I was concerned about back then is that Trump would screw it up.  Thankfully, he didn’t and the economy has been on the same trajectory.  

What I said in 2016 ended up being true. Employment lags behind GDP growth. That’s not an indictment on the economy, it’s just how the world works.  

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
40 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Saying Stupid things and saying racist things are not the same.  You as a journalist and working with words or ex-journalist (not sure if your still in that business) know that.    Trump said many dumb ill-advised things, doesn’t mean they were racist comments. That is what I and other Republicans think. 

43 minutes ago, Enhance said:

They often push policies these people find accommodating to their beliefs about other groups of people.

What policies would those be?  I could maybe understand the thoughts about gay marriage but Obama held those same beliefs so in your world of thought, the homophobes are Obama supporters. What other national policies would be considered racist or bigoted?

46 minutes ago, Enhance said:

What I did say is there are reasons these deplorables identify with and have found allegiance with the Republican party, and yet, these deplorables don't seem to have found the same kind of allegiance with Democrats.

And what I’ve said is that they are still allowed to vote in this country and maybe they vote on issues outside of race.  Doesn’t mean the GOP courts those voters.  The GOP actively wants voters to know their policies are race agnostic, race doesn’t matter, and they constantly denounce any race hate groups.  

• Plus1 3
43 minutes ago, knapplc said:

the leaders of the white supremacists that attacked the Capitol on January 6th

If you followed any of the Senate hearings, you would know that this group of people was very small and classified as “some”.  Dem Senators really tried to play up the involvement of white supremacy groups, but the witnesses at the hearings were not having it.  

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Trump said many dumb ill-advised things, doesn’t mean they were racist comments.

Pretty sure @Enhance is speaking about the overtly racist things trump has been documented saying

'These aren’t people. These are animals.'

The president made this comment at a 2018 roundtable about immigration in California. “We have people coming into the country or trying to come in — and we’re stopping a lot of them — but we’re taking people out of the country,” he said, according to White House records. “You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals.”

'When the looting starts, the shooting starts.'

The president tweeted this comment in May. It’s in reference to the protests in Minneapolis that occurred after the police killing of George Floyd.

'Proud boys: Stand back and stand by.'

Trump made this comment during the first 2020 presidential debate in Cleveland, when asked whether he condemns white supremacy. He condemned white supremacist groups two days after the debate.

'They should be executed.'

Trump made this comment about the Central Park Five, a group of Black and Latino men wrongly accused of assaulting a white female jogger in 1989, in a newspaper ad he purchased in 1989. Asked about it again in 2019, he did not apologize for his comments.

'These thugs.'

The president made this comment about Minneapolis protesters in the same tweet as his statement that “when the looting starts, the shooting starts.”

'China virus'

Trump has repeatedly called COVID-19 the “Chinese virus,” dating back to March.

'Kung flu'

The president first used the phrase “kung flu” to describe COVID-19 in June at a Tulsa, Oklahoma, rally. As the Washington Post reported, it became a rallying cry for the crowd.

'Total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the U.S.'

The president called for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States” in 2015, a day after Obama’s address from the Oval Office regarding the aftermath of a shooting in California. The shooter was an American citizen, born in the U.S., and his wife was born in Pakistan but was in the U.S. legally, NPR reported.

'Go back to crime infested places from which they came'

Trump tweeted this statement in 2019 about an unspecified group of “progressive Democratic congresswomen,” most likely Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley and Rashida Tlaib, also known as “the Squad.”

'Pocahontas'

The president used the slur “Pocahontas” toward Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren in 2017 during an NRA speech and has repeated it on numerous occasions.

'I have a great relationship with the Blacks'

Trump made this comment during a 2011 appearance on the Talk1300 radio show in New York.

'Very fine people on both sides'

The president made this comment in 2017 in response to violent confrontations in Charlottesville, Virginia, between white nationalists and those opposing them. Trump said that there was a group on one physical side and a group on another physical side, and that both sides were violent. That then led into his statement about “very fine people on both sides.”

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If you followed any of the Senate hearings

I did. 

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

very small and classified as “some”.

The acceptable amount of people who self-describe as white supremacists who look to you as their leader is not "some." 

It is zero. 

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I did. 

The acceptable amount of people who self-describe as white supremacists who look to you as their leader is not "some." 

It is zero. 

Who said acceptable amount?  Wasn’t me.

Pretty much all your posts about the Jan 6th attack only refer to white supremacy groups.  What you are trying to do with that is infer that the entire protest group including those that rioted where White supremacists.  It’s worth pointing out, that portion was very small as indicated by the actual intelligence and law enforcement personnel 

• Plus1 2
Just now, Archy1221 said:

Who said acceptable amount?  Wasn’t me.

Pretty much all your posts about the Jan 6th attack only refer to white supremacy groups.  What you are trying to do with that is infer that the entire protest group including those that rioted where White supremacists.  It’s worth pointing out, that portion was very small as indicated by the actual intelligence and law enforcement personnel 

The implication is that "it's not many." That's a despicable implication because the acceptable amount is zero.

You misread, misunderstand, or misrepresent my position if you think the ONLY people I've spoken about in re trump's insurrection are white supremacists. It remains despicable to downplay the number of white supremacists involved with trump. The acceptable number is zero. Period. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

These aren’t people. These are animals.'

M13 are animals

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

When the looting starts, the shooting starts.

How is that racist?  Saying shop owners will shoot looters to protect their business’s?  Hmmmm...especially considering the amount of white Antifa morons in the riots 

14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Proud boys: Stand back and stand by.

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

He condemned white supremacist groups two days after the debate.

Is it possible the first quote was speaking mistake and stand down could be what he meant?  You know similar to the Biden gaffes on race

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

'These thugs

The rioters and looters are Thugs.  How is that racist when white Antifa morons were there too.  Even if it were all black people rioting and looting, calling criminals thugs is racist?  

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Pocahontas

Racist?  No, but funny yes considering Elizabeth Warren tries to appropriate the Indian culture for her own gain 

20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

'I have a great relationship with the Blacks'

How is this racist?  Is Biden classified as racist too for this?

20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Very fine people on both sides'

Taken out of context and I believe is one of the lies of the year from fact-check.org and snopes even. 

21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

China virus

Kinda like saying Brazilian variant or South African variant? 

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the U.S.'

Did you want to finish the quote?

a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

M13 are animals

How is that racist?  Saying shop owners will shoot looters to protect their business’s?  Hmmmm...especially considering the amount of white Antifa morons in the riots 

Is it possible the first quote was speaking mistake and stand down could be what he meant?  You know similar to the Biden gaffes on race

The rioters and looters are Thugs.  How is that racist when white Antifa morons were there too.  Even if it were all black people rioting and looting, calling criminals thugs is racist?  

Racist?  No, but funny yes considering Elizabeth Warren tries to appropriate the Indian culture for her own gain 

How is this racist?  Is Biden classified as racist too for this?

Taken out of context and I believe is one of the lies of the year from fact-check.org and snopes even. 

Kinda like saying Brazilian variant or South African variant? 

Did you want to finish the quote?

a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on

The fact that YOU want to excuse trump for his racism is pretty sad. But don't expect others to.

• Plus1 2