Censorship

19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

People should get vaccinated but they are not killing anyone by being sick.  Covid-19 is. 

He’s referring to media making people hesitant to getting a vaccine that would save their lives.

if they would have gotten the vaccine otherwise, yes the media pedaling the crap played a significant role in their death.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, funhusker said:

He’s referring to media making people hesitant to getting a vaccine that would save their lives.

if they would have gotten the vaccine otherwise, yes the media pedaling the crap played a significant role in their death.

Yes

Even though he completely misunderstood what Biden said,

@Archy1221 's take evidently is people don't kill people, viruses kill people.  

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s correct, the virus is killing people. 

Interesting, even though the MRNA vaccines would have squashed this virus and the death it causes if people were responsible and just got vaccinated.  And yet guns don't kill people, people kill people, right?  

:dunno

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Interesting, even though the MRNA vaccines would have squashed this virus and the death it causes if people were responsible and just got vaccinated.  And yet guns don't kill people, people kill people, right?  

Guns have nothing to do with Covid-19:dunno

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Guns have nothing to do with Covid-19:dunno

So people are responsible for their actions when they kill people with guns. It's not the gun's fault.  But they not responsible for their actions when they kill people by not getting vaccinated.  It's the virus's fault even though getting vaccinated would greatly reduce the risk of infection and transmission.   Got it. 

The world according to @Archy1221

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

So people are responsible for their actions when they kill people with guns. It's not the gun's fault.  But they not responsible for their actions when they kill people by not getting vaccinated.  It's the virus's fault even though getting vaccinated would greatly reduce the risk of infection and transmission.   Got it. 

The world according to @Archy1221

Guns aren't "alive" like a virus. Not sure how the two correlate ... guns hurt no one without human action...unlike the virus.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, funhusker said:

How is this a dumb a$$ comment?  

Yes, some people have legit reasons for not getting vaccinated.  But I’d wager most of the people who are unvaccinated site some dumb a$$ reason they saw on social media or right-wing news that regurgitated said social media.  And these are the people that are getting hospitalized and dying.

Most people I know over 40 that haven’t been vaccinated are still waiting to see if there is fallout from the vax, or had covid and think they don’t need it. I don’t hear many conspiracy theory reasons. I also think very few will change their mind. Most of the unvaccinated are under 40 and I don’t think many under 30 get their covid news from Instagram, Twitter or YouTube. They would rather watch the next reincarnation of jack a$$ the movie to laugh at people doing crap they should not do at home. 

but mostly there is so much distrust of the media and government that getting involved with social media filtering of covid news will a) lead to more ‘filtering’ for political purposes and b) lead to more distrust of both. 

maybe there is a way to figure out why so many under 40 are blowing off the vaccine and then figure out how to convince them otherwise. Targeted adds, like the Uncle Sam posters from WWII. Sorry bad example. Celebrity endorsements? Celebs have mostly lost credibility. Bribe them with weed and booze? 500 dollar tax free bonus when you get shot number two? Seems like we should be smart enough to come up with something other than censorship, which can easily be abused. 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Guns aren't "alive" like a virus. Not sure how the two correlate ... guns hurt no one without human action...unlike the virus.

At this point, with very effective and safe vaccines available to nearly every one in the USA, the human action of not getting vaccinated or of spreading disinformation about the vaccines, has hurt a lot of people.  

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

He knows that.  But somehow guns gotta make it into every story he has 

And right on cue in comes @Archy1221 with a deflection to cover for his bungled comprehension of what Biden said and for his logic fail when he couldn't see that his take on people being responsible for killing people should not only apply to the use of guns but also to the willful ignorance of not getting vaccinated, spreading a deadly disease, or as his ilk is doing now, spreading disinformation about the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines.   Easy read.  So predictable.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, nic said:
11 hours ago, funhusker said:

Most people I know over 40 that haven’t been vaccinated are still waiting to see if there is fallout from the vax, or had covid and think they don’t need it. I don’t hear many conspiracy theory reasons.

This. At least around here.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

At this point, with very effective and safe vaccines available to nearly every one in the USA, the human action of not getting vaccinated or of spreading disinformation about the vaccines, has hurt a lot of people.  

I dont disagree, but do not think it has had as great an impact as you/others here imply.

• Plus1 2
13 hours ago, Scarlet said:

"...if people were responsible and just got vaccinated." - Scarlet

Wow.  Did you talk to California yet?  They want to hear your thoughts

• Plus1 2