Biden's America

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The funniest part about all this is that the economic boom is causing inflation. People are working, the demand for goods - especially cars - is insane. Inflation, entirely out of the Presidents control, is going to cause them to get pummeled in the midterms. Inflation may get worse ad the pandemic moves more in the rear view mirror, despite attempts by the Fed. They may have to induce a recession next year of the economy keeps booming like this. 

The unique situation with the Pandemic presented a lose-lose for Biden. Either the country economically recovers so fast it causes a spike in inflation OR the recovery isn't fast, there is less inflation, and the electorate punishes him for that. 

The pandemic has thrown everything out of normal.  Typically, I would much prefer moderate steady growth in the economy similar to what we saw from 2010 to around 2018 or 2019.  Then, the pandemic hit and we have a major contraction in the economy.  That naturally, would produce a strong rebound when economic steps are taken to support people who are negatively affected....then those same people go back to work.  That's what we are seeing.  

I would be more than happy if we went back to the moderate steady growth from the past. However, unfortunately, sometimes when there is a short term boom, that then creates a bubble that's going to pop.  That's my fear right now.  And, none of this is greatly affected by whatever President is in office.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Pandering is never flattering. If a black woman happens to be the best candidate, fantastic. But to limit your candidates that drastically? That's pandering. Nothing more.

Gotcha.

Biden is going to do whatever the hell he wants and nominate who he wants.  If Republicans (or anyone else....) want to cry about that I say tough s$&!.  Go punch your MyPillow.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Gotcha

Biden is going to do whatever the hell he wants and nominate who he wants.  If Republicans want to cry about that I say tough s$&!.  Go punch your pillow.

None of it really matters all that much. Though, it sounds like I handle adversity and disappointment a little different than you. Crying and pillow punching, huh?

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
11 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Though, it sounds like I handle adversity and disappointment a little different than you.

After reading your posts in the Racism is a real thing thread it seems you're the only one on here woofing and making it quite clear that you aren't handling your disappointment in Biden's choice and in this case color of our next Supreme court justice well at all.  

I'm handling the news quite fine myself.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

After reading your posts in the Racism is a real thing thread it seems you're the only one on here woofing and making it quite clear that you aren't handling your disappointment in Biden's choice and in this case color of our next Supreme court justice.  

I'm handling the news quite fine myself.

I enjoy coming on here and having conversation with most of you, however, my disappointment in Biden stays here. Like everyone else, what the guy does in that office has almost no bearing on my life. I'm golden.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

The pandemic has thrown everything out of normal.  Typically, I would much prefer moderate steady growth in the economy similar to what we saw from 2010 to around 2018 or 2019.  Then, the pandemic hit and we have a major contraction in the economy.  That naturally, would produce a strong rebound when economic steps are taken to support people who are negatively affected....then those same people go back to work.  That's what we are seeing.  

I would be more than happy if we went back to the moderate steady growth from the past. However, unfortunately, sometimes when there is a short term boom, that then creates a bubble that's going to pop.  That's my fear right now.  And, none of this is greatly affected by whatever President is in office.

The Economy having a massive rubberband both upwards and potentially downwards is very real. It's likely it will take a few years for things to feel normal.

13 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Pandering is never flattering. If a black woman happens to be the best candidate, fantastic. But to limit your candidates that drastically? That's pandering. Nothing more.

The leading candidates have great credentials. The choice being floated around is Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, currently a circuit Judge for the DC Court of Appeals, the second most powerful court in the country. Before that she spent 8 years in as a judge in the US District Court for DC.

She previously clerked for Justice Breyer. She graduated from Harvard, both for undergrad and law school and served as editor for The Harvard Law Review. Other candidates being mentioned also have high credentials.

This is in contrast to Trump who appointed 10 judges to the judicial branch with 'Not Qualified' from the American Bar Association. I trust you were equally outraged at this.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The Economy having a massive rubberband both upwards and potentially downwards is very real. It's likely it will take a few years for things to feel normal.

The leading candidates have great credentials. The choice being floated around is Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, currently a circuit Judge for the DC Court of Appeals, the second most powerful court in the country. Before that she spent 8 years in as a judge in the US District Court for DC.

She previously clerked for Justice Breyer. She graduated from Harvard, both for undergrad and law school and served as editor for The Harvard Law Review. Other candidates being mentioned also have high credentials.

This is in contrast to Trump who appointed 10 judges to the judicial branch with 'Not Qualified' from the American Bar Association. I trust you were equally outraged at this.

I was very critical of Trump's presidency. Thanks for noticing. Also, there's a significant difference in making a worthy observation and being outraged.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1