Biden's America

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

That’s why I asked.  I agree with you.

Now, would an election where that happened be legitimate in your opinion?

Phrasing the question “so, you are ok with” vs phrasing the question “are you ok with” gives different meaning.  One is an assumption question, one is an inquisitive question.    

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Phrasing the question “so, you are ok with” vs phrasing the question “are you ok with” gives different meaning.  One is an assumption question, one is an inquisitive question.    

My apologies for the confusion.

Would you call an election where a Stare secretary throws out legal votes so their chosen candidate wins legitimate?

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No.   Has that happened before?  In the modern era at least.  

No it hasn’t that I know of.

But it’s not “casting doubt” in the next election to say that if protections aren’t in place to ensure it doesn’t happen that some people would want to take advantage of that situation.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

No it hasn’t that I know of.

But it’s not “casting doubt” in the next election to say that if protections aren’t in place to ensure it doesn’t happen that some people would want to take advantage of that situation.

Ok, but what are you referencing with that statement.  

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ok, but what are you referencing with that statement.  

Just this week Trump referenced a quote about having Allies counting votes is more important than who votes.  State governments have tried to take steps to be able to overrule the electorate.  These are things that have been in the news since 2020.

If they aren’t continued to be stopped and were allowed to happen, the elections could be deemed illegitimate.  Would you agree?

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Just this week Trump referenced a quote about having Allies counting votes is more important than who votes.  State governments have tried to take steps to be able to overrule the electorate.  These are things that have been in the news since 2020.

If they aren’t continued to be stopped and were allowed to happen, the elections could be deemed illegitimate.  Would you agree?

If the people counting the votes are counting all the legal votes only then it doesn’t really matter if they are Allie’s are not.   Just need to follow the law.  Sounds like we agree

The electorates shouldn’t be overruled when the election is fairly run.  Sounds like we agree. 

none of this really has to do with Biden pre-questioning the 2020 election and the election takeover bill.  

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If the people counting the votes are counting all the legal votes only then it doesn’t really matter if they are Allie’s are not.   Just need to follow the law.  Sounds like we agree

The electorates shouldn’t be overruled when the election is fairly run.  Sounds like we agree. 

none of this really has to do with Biden pre-questioning the 2020 election and the election takeover bill.  

Yes we agree.

And it’s exactly what Biden’s quote was about.

• Plus1 1

Q    In regard to 2022, sir — the midterm elections.

THE PRESIDENT:  Oh, 2022.  I mean, imagine if those attempts to say that the count was not legit.  “You have to recount it and we’re not going to count — we’re going to discard the following votes.”

I mean, sure, but — I’m not going to say it’s going to be legit.  It’s — the increase and the prospect of being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these — these reforms passed.

But I don’t think you’re going to see — you’re not going to see me and I don’t think you’re going to see the Democratic Party give up on — coming back and assuming that the attempt fails today.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/01/19/remarks-by-president-biden-in-press-conference-6/

18 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Q    In regard to 2022, sir — the midterm elections.

THE PRESIDENT:  Oh, 2022.  I mean, imagine if those attempts to say that the count was not legit.  “You have to recount it and we’re not going to count — we’re going to discard the following votes.”

I mean, sure, but — I’m not going to say it’s going to be legit.  It’s — the increase and the prospect of being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these — these reforms passed.

But I don’t think you’re going to see — you’re not going to see me and I don’t think you’re going to see the Democratic Party give up on — coming back and assuming that the attempt fails today.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/01/19/remarks-by-president-biden-in-press-conference-6/

Ya, I actually already posted that. 

Again, Biden says if the election takeover bill (look what it all entails) isn’t passed, the election probably won’t be legitimate.   This isn’t true, and the election takeover bill is much much much more than what you think.  

• Plus1 2
30 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Again, Biden says if the election takeover bill (look what it all entails) isn’t passed, the election probably won’t be legitimate.   This isn’t true, and the election takeover bill is much much much more than what you think.  

That’s not what he said.  That’s your understanding of what he said.

And My understanding of your perspective is it’s a big overreaction to equate Biden’s comments to the actions of state GOP officials since 2020.

• Plus1 1

"Election takeover bill"....lol.   yeah let's make sure those states that historically, and currently, suppress voting rights aren't held to democratic standards.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/freedom-to-vote-act-john-lewis-voting-rights-bill-explainer-2022-1%3famp

Election Day as a federal holiday. 

Online, automatic, and same-day voter registration. 

A minimum of 15 days of early voting, including during at least two weekends.

No-excuse mail voting with ample access to ballot drop boxes and online ballot tracking, in addition to streamlined election mail delivery by the US Postal Service.

States would need to accept a wide range of forms of non-photographic identification in places where ID is required to vote.  
Counting eligible votes on provisional ballots cast in the wrong precinct. 

Restoring voting rights to formerly incarcerated people convicted of felonies. 

Imposes stricter regulations on voter list maintenance that make it harder for states to remove eligible voters from the rolls.

More protections and resources to serve voters with disabilities and overseas/military voters.

Greater federal protections and oversight for voting in US territories. 

Improving voter registration resources and outreach, in addition to reauthorizing and strengthening the US Election Assistance Commission. 

The bill also includes the Right to Vote Act, which creates an affirmative right to vote in federal law.

Prohibits partisan gerrymandering by requiring states to use certain criteria when drawing new congressional districts.

Requires states to use voter-verifiable paper ballots and conduct post-election audits.

Gives cybersecurity grants to states and directs the EAC to strengthen cybersecurity standards for voting equipment. 

Prohibits local election officials from being fired or removed without cause. 

Makes interfering with voter registration a federal crime, and imposes stricter penalties against harassment, threats, and intimidation of election workers.

Restates chain of custody requirements protecting the integrity of ballots and election materials, a provision meant to combat unofficial partisan "audits."

The bill includes the DISCLOSE Act, which targets so-called dark money in elections, and the HONEST Ads Act, which seeks to enhance transparency in campaign advertising. 

Creates a public financing program for House elections and allows candidates to use campaign funds for "personal use" services including childcare. 

Creates a federal obligation for campaigns to report instances of foreign interference. 

Stricter enforcement of illegal coordination between single-candidate PACs and campaigns. 

Stronger enforcement of campaign finance regulations by the Federal Election Commission.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Congrats….you’re going a great job of twisting words for your agenda. 

• Plus1 1