Biden's 1st 100 days & his 1st Year legislative agenda

Biden's First 100 days  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You are the one who keeps bringing up Covid relief money to big business as a reason to forgive student loans not me.  I just respond to your silly argument.  If we are going to forgive some debt, why should there be winners and losers in the process?  Why is student loan debt more important to forgive than mortgage debt?  Than car debt? 

Is there a national crisis on mortgage debt? Or car debt? Because if/when that happens, guess what we'll be discussing...

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

It was posted in the spirit of I don't want my tax dollars to help people because some of those people I don't think should be need to be helped.

There is a big difference between being obligated to help, based on need, and obligated to pay umbrella based for everyone regardless of need, which could amount to hundreds of billions of dollars. 

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

There is a big difference between being obligated to help, based on need, and obligated to pay umbrella based for everyone regardless of need, which could amount to hundreds of billions of dollars. 

Yes, again that's the point of the tweet. We don't have to fall for the logic of either we help everyone or no one. Or for the logic that either we help only the people who need it or no one. We have the capacity to help some but not all people, and we don't have to be perfect in determining the difference of who "needs" help.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...