Jump to content

What is the future of the Republican Party?


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Boy, you would think everyone’s dog just got shot by the posts and threads harping on the Republican Party.  
 

The Democrats have one party rule for two years and all everyone is concerned about is the Republicans “destroying themselves”.  One would think all the Democrats, Democrat lites on this board would be ecstatic.  Dems are in charge and Republicans are blowing it.  What’s not to like for you all.:lol:

Maybe it’s because so many of us wish the republicans weren’t so pathetic. 

  • Plus1 5
Link to post

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

for comparison sake  

You gotta admit, that's trump to a tee! Who would support that, right?   I mean, I wouldn't knowingly vote for someone like that. Would you?

Report it.   Otherwise I'll post what I want, how I want, when I want within the rules of the board.     Curious that you have two rising stars of the Republican Party going out on tour to r

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why not concentrate on the party that is actually in charge.  I mean, with the Republican Party being so pathetic, they won’t be much of a factor right.  

Maybe it’s because I wish so bad there was a Conservative party I can vote for.  Right now there isn’t. 

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Boy, you would think everyone’s dog just got shot by the posts and threads harping on the Republican Party.  
 

The Democrats have one party rule for two years and all everyone is concerned about is the Republicans “destroying themselves”.  One would think all the Democrats, Democrat lites on this board would be ecstatic.  Dems are in charge and Republicans are blowing it.  What’s not to like for you all.:lol:

 

I will agree with you that so far Joe Biden has been a pleasant surprise and hopefully  he can ram more through with this fragile majority. 

 

But it is hard to watch half of America fall into a full fledged conspiracy cult, while the GOP does everything in its still considerable power to ensure they can still rule America as a minority, or at the very least f#&% it up for everyone else. And honestly the GOP response to Liz Cheney is morally grotesque. I've seen a lot in my life, but I've never seen this country so literally insane. So yeah, I"m "ruffled." 

 

Keen viewers will also note that this thread is called What Is The Future of the Republican Party, so that's why people are "harping" on it, chief. 

 

  • Plus1 4
Link to post
7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

 

I will agree with you that so far Joe Biden has been a pleasant surprise and hopefully  he can ram more through with this fragile majority. 

 

But it is hard to watch half of America fall into a full fledged conspiracy cult, while the GOP does everything in its still considerable power to ensure they can still rule America as a minority, or at the very least f#&% it up for everyone else. And honestly the GOP response to Liz Cheney is morally grotesque. I've seen a lot in my life, but I've never seen this country so literally insane. So yeah, I"m "ruffled." 

 

Keen viewers will also note that this thread is called What Is The Future of the Republican Party, so that's why people are "harping" on it, chief. 

 

It’s sad to watch people who are tied to the party who can’t see it.  

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post

7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:
10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

 

 

I will agree with you that so far Joe Biden has been a pleasant surprise and hopefully  he can ram more through with this fragile majority.

You would only be agreeing with yourself, which I’m sure happens quite often.

 

7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

 

Keen viewers will also note that this thread is called What Is The Future of the Republican Party, so that's why people are "harping" on it, chief. 

Keen viewers will also note that 90% of this thread is either bashing individual Republicans or bringing up fringe elements like MTG or Boebert all the time who have no bearing on what “The Future of the Republican Party” holds chief.  

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
45 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Keen viewers will also note that 90% of this thread is either bashing individual Republicans or bringing up fringe elements like MTG or Boebert all the time who have no bearing on what “The Future of the Republican Party” holds chief.  

Keen viewers are realizing that the thread is pointing out who the leadership of the party is supporting and who they are pushing out of the party.  You call the people they are supporting "fringe". We are pointing out that those are the ones leadership is supporting while pushing out people who are trying to keep the party from diving farther into Qanon conspiracy crap.

 

That is the epitome of discussing what the future of the party is.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post

Or quite possibly this thread was started when the Party was at a crossroads and had a choice... continue down the path of authoritarianism, Trumpism, Qanonism, or return to the rule of law and democracy. 

 

It has since took a hard right down the path of destruction of American democracy.  There is nothing more important politically than the preservation of democracy lest we fall into a hole similar to places like Myanmar, which by the way followed Trump's playbook by disputing a free and fair election then justifying a (military in the case of Myanmar) insurrection by citing the Big Lie over and over again.    

 

If it makes people uncomfortable reading about the current Republican siege on democracy then maybe it's not the messenger who should be attacked but the message.  Unless of course the goal is to muzzle information as a part of the siege itself.

 

But the retort will be everything is fine, tralala, even though none of us have ever witnessed such an assault on our basic freedoms in our lifetimes.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

ever witnessed such an assault on our basic freedoms in our lifetimes.

Which freedom has been assaulted.  What can’t you do now that you could prior to the Trump Presidency (outside of a Covid restriction?)

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Keen viewers are realizing that the thread is pointing out who the leadership of the party is supporting and who they are pushing out of the party.  You call the people they are supporting "fringe". We are pointing out that those are the ones leadership is supporting while pushing out people who are trying to keep the party from diving farther into Qanon conspiracy crap.

 

That is the epitome of discussing what the future of the party is.

Obviously you are incorrect but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.  

  • Plus1 1
Link to post

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

 

Keen viewers will also note that 90% of this thread is either bashing individual Republicans or bringing up fringe elements like MTG or Boebert all the time who have no bearing on what “The Future of the Republican Party” holds chief.  

 

Take a deep breath and answer the pertinent question honestly:

 

Do you think the Republican Party is trending more in the direction of those fringe elements, or returning to its more mainstream roots?  Why?

 

Bonus question. (It's not a trap. It's also pretty pertinent):

If Donald Trump remains the defacto leader of the party -- at the very least he appears to remain the litmus test -- do his words and actions more closely align him with fringe elements like MTG, Boebert, or Matt Gaetz, or with the right wing but less extreme establishment Republicans?  

 

Follow up:

Do you consider Liz Cheney a fringe element now that she's a vocal minority in the GOP, about to get ousted as if she spit on the flag?

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Which freedom has been assaulted.  What can’t you do now that you could prior to the Trump Presidency (outside of a Covid restriction?)

 

The assault was attempted, continuing, and not yet successful.  Had it been successful who knows how far a malignant narcissist in the mould of whole host of despots would go? Sorry your naivety is such you can't see the evil side of human nature when it's staring you in the face.

 

Birds of a feather I suppose.

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Boy, you would think everyone’s dog just got shot by the posts and threads harping on the Republican Party.  
 

The Democrats have one party rule for two years and all everyone is concerned about is the Republicans “destroying themselves”.  One would think all the Democrats, Democrat lites on this board would be ecstatic.  Dems are in charge and Republicans are blowing it.  What’s not to like for you all.:lol:

You know full well that we're witnessing a party direct half the country off an alternate reality cliff. It's sad. It's frightening. 

 

You also know that America hating party is going to win in 2022. Despite having no platform, not believing in science, hating Democracy and who's best accomplishment is being an international laughing stock. They're going to win because they have tremendous built-in advantages. 

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...