Returning players

chamrocck

3 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I am wondering who will return.  My Christmas list would have Domann at the top of the list.  The rest?  Not sure.  I will have to think about it.

Honas would be a benefit for us if he returns, same goes for Jaimes. Stille is coming into his own this season and could help next fall though we should have enough coming up to offset his production. Also applies to Bootle & Mills. Will be addition by subtraction with Dismuke & Farniok

7 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Honas would be a benefit for us if he returns, same goes for Jaimes. Stille is coming into his own this season and could help next fall though we should have enough coming up to offset his production. Also applies to Bootle & Mills. Will be addition by subtraction with Dismuke & Farniok

I think Dismuke is better than he gets credit for, but Pola-Gates/Farmer definitely have higher ceilings. I think we'll definitely see plays Dismuke wouldn't have made, but we'll also see busts that wouldn't have happened. I really, really want Domann back because his heir apparent (Javin Wright) didn't get a chance to develop at all this year. 

Jaimes to me is a lock to get drafted assuming he isn't a disaster in testing so he's probably gone.

Same thing with Domann, he's also had 2 ACL surgeries so if all things are equal, you have to figure he's going to want to take a shot at getting paid.

The only other guy I think has a shot is Williams but if he makes the NFL, it'll have to be as a UDFA and he'll have to grind on special teams.

Everyone else would be well suited to come back but these guys have been around for a while and gone through a ton of losing.  At some point you just want to move on with your life.

Outside of Jaimes, I don't see any draft worthy player here, and Jaimes only qualifies due to his size and the desperate need the NFL needs for bodies of that size. Farniok misses because, although he has size, he lacks athleticism and motor. 

We could use Honas, Domann, Bootle, Stille and Dismuke imo. They make the 2021 team better if they are here. 

10 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I think Dismuke is better than he gets credit for, but Pola-Gates/Farmer definitely have higher ceilings. I think we'll definitely see plays Dismuke wouldn't have made, but we'll also see busts that wouldn't have happened. I really, really want Domann back because his heir apparent (Javin Wright) didn't get a chance to develop at all this year. 

I haven't seen anything from Dismuke that pushes him beyond an average-at-best player. Nothing shown from him (in my view) that indicates he would all of a sudden turn into an all-conference caliber player for us next year. Hell Farmer had two interceptions in one half against Northwestern... Dismuke has zero in his career. He's a fine fill-in starter but given the desire for playmakers by this staff, Dismuke has not proven to be one and thus we should move on. 

Agreed on Domann though at already 23 (24 next fall), I'd be surprised if he comes back another season though I think it could be mutually beneficial. And really hoping Wright has a great future, looks the part for sure.

34 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I would tend to agree.  But Domann did a pretty good job running with Rondale Moore last week and he's not slow.

Kept up on that deep ball against Minnesota too and knocked it away downfield. Probably not fast enough for the NFL in that capacity, but certainly there may be a place for him somewhere, but doubt he see's Gerry heights. Although, in fairness, was always blown away Gerry found as much success as he did in the league.