The Angry Violent Left

10 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Stop with the false moral equivalents with the examples I laid out. Your last party nominee just said this week that the left does not need to be civil. As for Barack "America Last" Obama...that could be a whole new thread.

Nobody is going to stop telling you that you are wrong when you are completely and unequivocally WRONG! You are the person bringing up the moral equivalency so please don't be a hypocrite and stop moving the goal posts.

• Plus1 4

One thing I thought of when throwing out labels of right and left. @BigRedBuster is a right leaning poster. You are to his right and he your left. It's an over generalization to label everyone left of your belief system as the angry violent left. There are extremes on both sides. I'm sure as someone who leans hard right @HuskerNation1, there are those on your side that lean harder and are more radicalized. I personally don't ask you to account for their actions. I'm personally a centrist and can't boil all of my stances into one party. 

Found this article today which seemed fairly on topic.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/smack-talk-politicians-trade-charges-whos-being-uncivil-042351028--election.html

Both sides have stoked these fires. Though he may not have been the one to invent these tactics, Trump sure embraces their use.

Edited by Mike Mcdee
Grammar
  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Mike Mcdee said:

Both sides have stoked these fires. The guy that embraced these tactics currently resides in the White House. He didn't start the use of these tactics, but he sure embraces their uses.

The environment was created by someone* where incivility is commonplace, and Trump just happened to be able to take advantage of it.  Well, that and the weird Electoral College, a system unlike any other Democracy in the world.  Well, that, the Electoral College, and 20 years of propaganda by Fox News. 

* Vladimir Putin

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Same old Zrod...some things never change. 

I've changed more than you'll ever know in the past year. For one I got a lot fatter but I digress.

I wish you would just stop the charade. You don't own conservatism, you don't own the GOP, you don't own the Republican caucus. The people do. The same people that make up the Democratic party, and the same people who are independents. When one of us looses, we all lose. You're not "owning libs" when you make dishonest arguments, you're simply fooling yourself and alienating those who see things a little differently, that with an honest discussion could have found a middle ground with you.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

One thing I thought of when throwing out labels of right and left. @BigRedBuster is a right leaning poster. You are to his right and he your left. It's an over generalization to label everyone left of your belief system as the angry violent left. There are extremes on both sides. I'm sure as someone who leans hard right @HuskerNation1, there are those on your side that lean harder and are more radicalized. I personally don't ask you to account for their actions. I'm personally a centrist and can't boil all of my stances into one party. 

Found this article today which seemed fairly on topic.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/smack-talk-politicians-trade-charges-whos-being-uncivil-042351028--election.html

Both sides have stoked these fires. The guy that embraced these tactics currently resides in the White House. He didn't start the use of these tactics, but he sure embraces their uses.

I appreciate your perspective and not immediately attacking me for laying out a fact-based chronology of a disturbing trend. 

As for my affiliation I would say a mainstream Republican. I dont agree with the GOP congress or Trump on everything and have willingly criticized him on here before.

As for BRB he shared with me a year or so ago why he was not a member of the right, and based upon posts I continue to see, it appears he leans more to the Left but I will let him share his views on core issues like tax cuts, guns, abortion, etc...

10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I've changed more than you'll ever know in the past year. For one I got a lot fatter but I digress.

I wish you would just stop the charade. You don't own conservatism, you don't own the GOP, you don't own the Republican caucus. The people do. The same people that make up the Democratic party, and the same people who are independents. When one of us looses, we all lose. You're not "owning libs" when you make dishonest arguments, you're simply fooling yourself and alienating those who see things a little differently, that with an honest discussion could have found a middle ground with you.

When you are triggered you seem to resort to a more directive style. When have I said I own Conservatism. Also how do you recommend finding common ground in this particular forum with people who cannot stand Trump and refuse to acknowledge the successes he has had. Please share with me any recent posts you have made highlighting the successes under Trump. 

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Please go back and review all my posts then...I just did with BRB a day or two ago. 

Now please tell me a few things Obama did poorly that you want to highlight. 

If you want to debate about Obama start a new thread please. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

If you want to debate about Obama start a new thread please. 

You are the one that keeps bringing him in this thread....look at your comments on page 2 about Conservatives being "butthurt" about a black man being POTUS. Given he is the only black POTUS, why are did you bring him up and give this quoted response. Oh the irony...