The Angry Violent Left

6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

But why are they angry though? You are pointing to all of this anger that has sprung up all of the sudden. What do you think is the cause? I'm sure you'll chalk it up to dems are butthurt they lost. But maybe, just maybe most rational people are angry at the fact we continue to let someone like Donald Trump disgrace what was once considered the highest office in the world.

Hey this nation is divided and was long before Trump took office. The right was just as sickened at Obamas smug partisanship and weakness in the foreign stage (apologizing for America) as the Left is at Trump. I just dont recall a bunch of GOP congressman in a short period of time calling on their constituents to intimidate and confront Dems anywhere, anyway possible. 

You sound like you feel the lefts antics these past 16 months are justified....is that true?

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I just dont recall a bunch of GOP congressman in a short period of time calling on their constituents to intimidate and confront Dems anywhere, anyway possible. 

Could it be perhaps the Democrtaic president at the time wasn't doing the same things and encouraging the same behavior as the current republican president?

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Hey this nation is divided and was long before Trump took office. The right was just as sickened at Obamas smug partisanship and weakness in the foreign stage (apologizing for America) as the Left is at Trump. I just dont recall a bunch of GOP congressman in a short period of time calling on their constituents to intimidate and confront Dems anywhere, anyway possible. 

You sound like you feel the lefts antics these past 16 months are justified....is that true?

Violence isn't justified so I want to make that clear. I don't see a problem with confronting congressmen in public if you aren't screaming and yelling. Asking publicly elected officials to defend their antics over the past 16 months seems perfectly fair to me. 

As far as the first paragraph goes, Obama was a much better and more bipartisan President than he will ever get credit for from the Right. I can think of one reason that may be.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I'm personally angry that bnills still won't engage with being proven wrong about left politicians condemning violence and BLM not being violent.

Too many words, facts, sources, etc. You gotta stoop to his level if you want to be engaged.

40 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

n my initial post I called out Trump for fiery rhetoric in 2016 campaign and then shared a list of items over the past 16 months to show a growing trend on the Left in the now and present and, rather than admitting the Left is going overboard, here is what I heard.

So.....you admit you were the first in this thread to talk about Trump promoting violence. 

Then you don’t want anyone else to talk about him. 

:dunno

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

A portion of this nation was butthurt that America elected a Black president, and that's why we're in the situation we're in.

Trump was not elected because Obama was black and was elected twice. That is just a garbage statement to ignore the reality that Obama was a failed POTUS. Trump won a couple hundred Obama counties which sealed the deal for him...but yes those Rust Belt states who voted for Obama were really upset he was black.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So.....you admit you were the first in this thread to talk about Trump promoting violence. 

Then you don’t want anyone else to talk about him. 

:dunno

Well I was not sure if the angry left mob would acknowledge the trend on the left happening now or try to pin this all on Trump, so I acknowledged Trumps rhetoric from 2016 rallies. But guess what...the angry left mob in here still want to pin the many examples I provided on Trump. It just shows the lack of objectivity in here, including by some who claim to be "Independent."

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well I was not sure if the angry left mob would acknowledge the trend on the left happening now or try to pin this all on Trump, so I acknowledged Trumps rhetoric from 2016 rallies. But guess what...the angry left mob in here still want to pin the many examples I provided on Trump. It just shows the lack of objectivity in here, including by some who claim to be "Independent."

Who on here are the “angry left mob”?

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

But guess what...the angry left mob in here still want to pin the many examples I provided on Trump. It just shows the lack of objectivity in here, including by some who claim to be "Independent."

First of all, there's no mob in here, and I also don't think anyone is angry. Can you please quit with the ambiguous generalized ad hominems?

Secondly, you're proving that you only said that as a 'gotcha' that you could fall back to as soon as someone didn't say what you wanted them to.

Thirdly, all you keep doing over and over is 'condeming' a specific thing from 2+ years ago while railing against something that is bigger than a specific thing but is a 'trend' that is 'growing' and a sign of 'the angry left'.

You're either unwilling to or unable to look at your own side and entertain the idea that there is also a 'trend' that is 'growing' over there as well. When it's your side it's, "Oh I condemned that, moving on", and when it's the side you don't like it's, "This is a symptom of something much bigger!"

Fourthly, still waiting on those rebuttals re: Obama/Democrat politicians and BLM.

Fifthly, are you just a master troll playing 5D chess and conning us all, or are you really this incapable of critical thinking? 

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Could it be perhaps the Democrtaic president at the time wasn't doing the same things and encouraging the same behavior as the current republican president?

Obama referred to Republicans as terrorists and hostage takers before and called the right bitter people who cling to guns and religion. After any sort of gun violence, and before facts were known, he attacked Republicans trying to blame them for the attacks despite no GOP elected officials calling on Americans to commit gun crimes or anything like that. In your mind you may think he was not a bitter partisan but the right was just as upset with him as the Left has been with Trump. The difference is you dont see GOP members of Congress calling on citizens to confront and intimidate even at a peaceful meal with their family.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Obama referred to Republicans as terrorists and hostage takers before and called the right bitter people who cling to guns and religion.

I'm struggling to see where this has been wrong the last 10 or so years.

The right was bitter when a black "liberal" got voted into office.  They thought he was going to come take all their guns away and pushed hard the idea that he was a Muslim from Kenya who wants to usher in Sharia Law.

The other major factor in who they vote for is abortion which they deem against their religion and will pretty much do anything to get people on the SC who will over turn RvsW.

I'm struggling to see where his statements were wrong.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Obama referred to Republicans as terrorists and hostage takers

He did not call Republicans terrorists. This is a lie.

The "hostage-taker" line was an analogy, and a one-time comment made in 2010.

"I've said before that I felt that the middle-class tax cuts were being held hostage to the high-end tax cuts," he said. "I think it's tempting not to negotiate with hostage-takers, unless the hostage gets harmed. Then people will question the wisdom of that strategy. In this case, the hostage was the American people, and I was not willing to see them get harmed."

If that analogy offends you, you should be LIVID at the things Trump says.  Where's the anger over that?

• Plus1 1