Media Bias

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Thanks.

1 year old.

11 months old.

22 months old.

2 years old.

I thought you said earlier that we know what we know until we know more. 

How about this one from 3 days ago:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/vindication-over-hunter-biden-emails-new-york-post-politico-11632521169 

The conformist non-coverage of the Hunter emails is one more embarrassment that undermines public trust in the press. But don’t worry, readers. You can keep reading these pages for news you won’t see elsewhere.

Their letter will now join the FBI’s collusion with the Clinton campaign in 2016 as cause for even more Americans to assume that the U.S. intelligence community is a partisan interest group that can’t be trusted. This is damaging to those institutions and the country.

By the way, our Kimberley Strassel at the time examined hundreds of emails and texts provided to us by Hunter Biden’s former business partner, Tony Bobulinski, who confirmed their authenticity. Those emails corroborated and expanded upon the Post’s laptop emails. They showed that Hunter was seeking to cash in on his name via a business deal with a Shanghai-based company with ties to the Chinese government and military. One email noted that the deal envisioned “10 held by H for the big guy,” whom Mr. Bobulinski identified as Joe Biden. That struck us as news.

Or these two from last week: 

https://www.yahoo.com/now/york-times-quietly-deletes-claim-021800355.html 

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/09/21/double-trouble-for-biden-494411

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

By the way, our Kimberley Strassel at the time examined hundreds of emails and texts provided to us by Hunter Biden’s former business partner, Tony Bobulinski, who confirmed their authenticity. Those emails corroborated and expanded upon the Post’s laptop emails. They showed that Hunter was seeking to cash in on his name via a business deal with a Shanghai-based company with ties to the Chinese government and military. One email noted that the deal envisioned “10 held by H for the big guy,” whom Mr. Bobulinski identified as Joe Biden. That struck us as news.

This sounds SUSPICIOUSLY like what Ivanka did, no?

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Thanks.

1 year old.

11 months old.

22 months old.

2 years old.

How about this one from 3 days ago:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/vindication-over-hunter-biden-emails-new-york-post-politico-11632521169 

The conformist non-coverage of the Hunter emails is one more embarrassment that undermines public trust in the press. But don’t worry, readers. You can keep reading these pages for news you won’t see elsewhere.

Their letter will now join the FBI’s collusion with the Clinton campaign in 2016 as cause for even more Americans to assume that the U.S. intelligence community is a partisan interest group that can’t be trusted. This is damaging to those institutions and the country.

Or these two from last week: 

https://www.yahoo.com/now/york-times-quietly-deletes-claim-021800355.html 

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/09/21/double-trouble-for-biden-494411

Have you read the emails they're citing?

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This sounds SUSPICIUOSLY like what Ivanka did, no?

Yes, it does. Other than the "10 for the big guy". I hope you aren't misunderstanding my position.

I think the Trump kids were/are slimy and used their status surreptitiously  to gain financial or influencial advantages when they could. I also happen to believe that Hunter Biden is/was slimy and has done the same thing. Why is it okay to believe it about the Trumps, but not about Biden?

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

I have not,

It's really clear. And it's pretty clear you're not reading the links you're providing in rebuttal.

13 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

1 year old.

11 months old.

22 months old.

2 years old.

Thanks for reading my words so closely. And for the fact-checking on the ages of those articles. 

It would have been awesome if you had done the same for the article you posted in rebuttal. 

First - none of the articles you're citing are quoting emails written by Hunter Biden. They're written about him, alleging to have insider access to him. 

Second, from your own link:

In the end, Jauhari did not hire Hunter or Sandweg for the job. Sandweg, who is also a former Obama administration official, confirmed to Business Insider that he was a messenger for the project, but claimed Jauhari ultimately hired a different law firm. Al-Rahbani's attorney, Martin Auerbach, says his client does not recall the event, and did not speak to or about Hunter Biden.

The leaked emails regarding the proposed Libya deal do not appear to be connected with the previous Hunter Biden laptop scandal, which Biden supporters and various members of the media claimed was distributed as part of a disinformation campaign. When it was first reported by the New York Post, the laptop story was blocked on several social media outlets. Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey later called the move to block the story a "total mistake." The story was partially confirmed by Politico earlier this week.

Third - this is shoddy journalism, and it's pretty clearly designed to trigger members of a specific audience. "The media" claimed what now?  "The media" is some monolithic entity that works in lockstep?

Yikes. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I also happen to believe that Hunter Biden is/was slimy and has done the same thing. Why is it okay to believe it about the Trumps, but not about Biden?

We have proof that Ivanka received sweetheart deals from the Chinese government. We have no similar proof of anything related to Hunter. 

Unfortunately, biases will out. And there's definitely a bias in the reporting on these stories, and in the dissemination of these stories by the willing (or unwitting). 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

People continue to exhibit their biases. The Steele Dossier was not debunked by the Mueller probe:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/19/us/politics/steele-dossier-mueller-report.html

Mr. Mueller’s report contained over a dozen passing references to the document’s claims but no overall assessment of why so much did not check out.

And Steele himself said it wasn't intended to be what right-wingers claim. This strawman recreation of the dossier serves pro-trumpets and their interests. It's not factual. 

Mr. Steele has made clear to associates that he always considered the dossier to be raw intelligence — not established facts, but a starting point for further investigation.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Mr Steele writes up known lies along with some questionable at best second and third hand stories, but says those should be used to begin a 2-3 yr investigation of a sitting President???   Hmmmmm….OK.  Doesn’t sound legit. But I guess I think rationally not TDS  Democrat. 

Poster says the Mueller report made over a dozen (well how much over a dozen?  A bakers dozen, 100, 500, 20,000?)but wouldn’t actually the important piece which is why basically none of it actually checked out.   Hmmmmmm….ok.  Kinda doesn’t sound like a legitimate source.  But again, I think more rationally not TDS Democrat 

lets us not forget that for years, the Steele Dossier was used by most Dems on the News shows against Trump as if it were fact.  Now we are to be believed by some posters that the Steele Dossier wasn’t to be be believed, just used in order to get an investigation going??   

• Plus1 2