Media Bias

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

Because the ban is only on those that don't espouse the same views as this Administration...because it is in the name of "public safety"...

You can literally learn how to build pipe bombs on Youtube... :facepalm:

Pipe bombs are used extensively on the Platte River to break up ice jams. They can be abused just like guns (which are featured heavily on YouTube), but they are not inherently an issue.

YouTube is cracking down on misinformation that has contributed to the deaths of 600,000+ Americans. That seems like something we should all be applauding. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Pipe bombs are used extensively on the Platte River to break up ice jams. They can be abused just like guns (which are featured heavily on YouTube), but they are not inherently an issue.

YouTube is cracking down on misinformation that has contributed to the deaths of 600,000+ Americans. That seems like something we should all be applauding. 

I get it, they are a private corporation/entity. They can do what they want. 

But I think it is concerning. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, DevoHusker said:

You think it's concerning that they are blocking this kind of misinformation while our hospitals and front-line medical workers are overrun.  Cool.

FAdY_1hWUAMpkai?format=jpg&name=orig

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You think it's concerning that they are blocking this kind of misinformation while our hospitals and front-line medical workers are overrun.  Cool.

FAdY_1hWUAMpkai?format=jpg&name=orig

They were already censoring misinformation such as you reference here. Now they are banning anyone that is perceived to be "anti-vax"...

Quite the difference. 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Yes the censoring by social media can be political or the fact checkers can be wrong, but you won't convince anyone its bad until something gets censored/banned that they care about. I have brought up the example of shutting down the NY Post for the Hunter Biden laptop story (pre election) as fake news, and then 3 weeks after the election the NYTimes admitted it was actually legit. The Wuhan lab leak censoring in 2020. How about banning people that are accused of not being tolerant when maybe their only crime was not understanding new pronouns quickly enough. Getting Banned for posting the "wrong" meme. Aren't memes meant to be funny? How about delaying for weeks before tagging and removing Louis Farrakhan's anti-vax posts. Maybe they were afraid of him. It would be interesting to hear about people on the left who have been censored/tagged/banned...besides Louis. I usually only hear complaints from the right. Maybe it does go both ways and I do not know it. 

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Evidently Robert Kennedy Jr was one of the more high profile accounts to be suspended. Didn't know he was a Conservative? Probably Libertarian.

What did he say that got him banned?

EDIT - looks like this isn't the first time channels he's associated with have been banned for misinformation. 

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/nation-world/seller-vaccine-disinformation-youtube-channel-removed/507-5c1240a2-41f3-4d56-8990-020e876448a2

6 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Evidently Robert Kennedy Jr was one of the more high profile accounts to be suspended. Didn't know he was a Conservative? Probably Libertarian.

He's a Democrat and long-time critic of the Republicans. He's been especially vocal about climate change and was a lawyer for the NRDC working against the fossil fuel industry until a few years ago. And of course, he's been a longtime anti-vaxxer believing in the debunked conspiracy theories about vaccines causing autism.

9 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

He's a Democrat and long-time critic of the Republicans. He's been especially vocal about climate change and was a lawyer for the NRDC working against the fossil fuel industry until a few years ago. And of course, he's been a longtime anti-vaxxer believing in the debunked conspiracy theories about vaccines causing autism.

I was aware of his political leanings when I posted the link. Perhaps my sarcasm didn't shine through as I had intended.