Insurrection fallout

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Hillary says hi!  She still says Russia Russia Russia.  And many Dems agree and protested the certification.  Including some who participated in the impeachment trial.  No, seriously.  

Did Hillary concede and support a peaceful transfer of power?  

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya just the ones who didn’t certify the election similar to R’s in 2020. It’s also not as if they tried to blame Trump for that “Russia” thing and when they couldn’t impeach at that point they tried sham impeachment over Ukraine to remove a duly elected President.  

The $200,000 in Russia FB ads were a real doozy :facepalm:

Maybe read the Mueller report.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

Yes

Ok then, 2016 and 2020 were not similar.  If Trump graciously concedes, we don't have January 6th or the continued assault on our democracy.  Protecting democracy should override policy differences 100@%. Regroup, come up with a platform and try again.  

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, ZRod said:

Maybe read the Mueller report.

The one that sad no votes were changed, Russia attempted to meddle in the election but led to zero election related convictions.  And basically exonerated Trump.  Hell, the only scalps Mueller got were for process crimes, or tax crimes not associated with Russia meddling.  Ya I saw those Senate hearings too.  Felt bad for a mueller not really even knowing what was in his own report during the hearing.  

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Ok then, 2016 and 2020 were not similar.  If Trump graciously concedes, we don't have January 6th or the continued assault on our democracy.  Protecting democracy should override policy differences 100@%. Regroup, come up with a platform and try again.  

He should have after the recounts and lawsuits failed to show a vote change in December.  

What continued assault on our democracy?  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is nowhere close to the same as 2016 - 2017.  Trump and Republicans literally trying to tear down the bedrock foundation of our elections to try to get Trump back in office.  This directly resulted in an attack on our capital.  Trump is still believing that he can find fraud and be put back in office.  

Nowhere has the Democrats done anything close to this.  At no point did I ever remember Hillary claiming she should be put in office or pushing for fraudulent audits of voting machines....etc.

Yep. Not to mention that this is private citizen Hillary, who hasn't been in politics for five years.

The right always tries to make it seem like she's current & equal to sitting members of congress because it makes it seem like an equivalency.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
58 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

He should have after the recounts and lawsuits failed to show a vote change in December.  

What continued assault on our democracy?  

Do I even have to answer that?  Let's not play this game.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

The one that sad no votes were changed, Russia attempted to meddle in the election but led to zero election related convictions.  And basically exonerated Trump.  Hell, the only scalps Mueller got were for process crimes, or tax crimes not associated with Russia meddling.  Ya I saw those Senate hearings too.  Felt bad for a mueller not really even knowing what was in his own report during the hearing.  

Like I said. Read it. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

HA.  Sounds like you still don’t accept 2016.  If not for Russia, says Knap

Literally everyone here understand Trump won the election. Doesn't mean Russian meddling should be discounted and isn't a threat. I think it's safe to say we would have had the same opinion had Russia supported Hillary.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Special counsel Robert Mueller said Wednesday that charging President Donald Trump with a crime was “not an option” because of federal rules, but he used his first public remarks on the Russia investigation to emphasize that he did not exonerate the president.

“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so,” Mueller declared.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-ap-top-news-crime-politics-north-america-94323cfc164c4759ba6bf84ad2a46203

• Plus1 3
14 hours ago, ZRod said:

Literally everyone here understand Trump won the election. Doesn't mean Russian meddling should be discounted and isn't a threat. I think it's safe to say we would have had the same opinion had Russia supported Hillary.

Literally everyone here understands Russia and now most likely China tries to meddle in all of our big elections.  I don’t think it’s safe to say many on here would have the same opinion had Hillary won and I can guarantee many elected Democrats would not have the same opinion had their side won.  

Do you think the CIA meddles in any foreign elections? 

• Plus1 3
13 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Special counsel Robert Mueller said Wednesday that charging President Donald Trump with a crime was “not an option” because of federal rules, but he used his first public remarks on the Russia investigation to emphasize that he did not exonerate the president.

“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so,” Mueller declared.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-ap-top-news-crime-politics-north-america-94323cfc164c4759ba6bf84ad2a46203

And yet he didn’t say he committed  a crime either now did he?  There is no way Weissmann was gonna make a statement in Trumps defense on the report he wrote.  The cool thing is now Biden’s DOJ can go full throttle and prosecute those alleged offenses the Mueller says he couldn’t do anything about.  Shouldn’t take too long because all the investigation materials are there 

• Plus1 2