Insurrection fallout

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Cheney showed actual character and when the Trumpists are all in jail her career may be revived.  Pence should think about that.

Cheney addressed fellow GOPers who support trump directly by stating that 'one day Trump will be gone, but the stain on your reputation will remain forever'  my paraphrase. 

Say @Scarlet - did you know you are to blame/responsible for the riot?:dunno    So am I :o  So is @knapplc <_<  So is @Archy1221:confucius   So is @BigRedBuster :angry: and everyone else on HB:smokin

So says House Minority Leader McCarthy. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10901419/McCarthy-says-country-responsible-Jan-6-pressed-Trumps-fault.html

During his weekly news conference a reporter asked McCarthy if he thought Trump bore blame for the Jan. 6 attack.

'I think everybody in the country bears responsibility,' McCarthy said, 'Based upon what was going on in the streets the riots, the others.' 

I guess Ivanka won't be sitting on Daddy's lap any longer :o

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-anchors-joke-that-trump-family-gatherings-could-be-awkward-after-ivankas-jan-6-testimony-063225041.html

“How did that affect your perspective about the election when Attorney General Barr made that statement?” Ivanka was asked. “It affected my perspective,” she replied. “I respect Attorney General Barr, so I accepted what he was saying.”

“I think that was sort of part of them laying that out and establishing that he (Trump) was on his own on that thinking,” McCallum said. “But, you know, on the second time watching that from Ivanka Trump, it strikes me she was put in a very difficult position. Essentially, what she’s saying there is, ‘I believed what Bill Barr said over what my father was saying.’ And that is — it could not have been a very easy moment for her.”

That’s when Baier cut in, joking that Ivanka’s testimony could make things a little weird at Thanksgiving.

“Makes Thanksgiving a little tough,” Baier said, laughing. McCallum replied, “It makes Thanksgiving a little tricky.” “Could be a little bit awkward,” Bream added. “Father’s Day is coming up. We’ll see how that goes.”

• Oh Yeah! 1

This is a watershed moment for the GOP and esp the leadership.  Follow a fallen, corrupt, criminal former president or hitch your butt to the truth.   In Reagan's words: "It is a time of Choosing"    Reagan, Ike, Lincoln would not recognize or belong to a party like the current GOP. 

• Plus1 4

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Say @Scarlet - did you know you are to blame/responsible for the riot?:dunno    So am I :o  So is @knapplc <_<  So is @Archy1221:confucius   So is @BigRedBuster :angry: and everyone else on HB:smokin

So says House Minority Leader McCarthy. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10901419/McCarthy-says-country-responsible-Jan-6-pressed-Trumps-fault.html

Yep.  Voted in accordance with all State and Federal law, accepted the results of the election, then expected a peaceful transfer of power like every other election beforehand and...... we're to blame for an attempted coup.  :facepalm:

• Oh Yeah! 1

The House Jan. 6 Select Committee will present evidence that members of former President Donald Trump’s circle were in touch with the extremist right-wing groups like the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers, the committee’s chairman told CNN on Thursday night

When House Committee Chairman and Mississippi Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson was asked by CNN’s Jake Tapper whether there would be “witnesses that describe actual conversations between these extremist groups and anyone in Trump's orbit,” Thompson responded “yes.” He confirmed his comment when Tapper asked a follow-up question.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm guessing the DOJ is all over this too and was happy to see the Jan 6th Committee present their evidence to the public first.  More people will rollover as they see how incriminating this really has become and it's just going to get worse for Trump.  It's almost a certainty that members of the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys have cut deals.  20 years in a long time to rot in a cell.   Orange Man Truly Bad. 

• Plus1 1

Whoa....sounds like Orange Man Bad s#!t his diappy this morning.  But I'm not so sure attacking everyone who might have the goods on you is a sound strategy.  

Why is there always, nonstop drama surrounding narcissists like this?  It's never them though.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I'm guessing the DOJ is all over this too and was happy to see the Jan 6th Committee present their evidence to the public first.  More people will rollover as they see how incriminating this really has become and it's just going to get worse for Trump.  It's almost a certainty that members of the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys have cut deals.  20 years in a long time to rot in a cell.   Orange Man Truly Bad. 

Any wonder Trump is trying so hard to defeat Cheney in Wy.  I hope the Wy GOP realize that they have egg on their faces and what  gem they have as a representative - not because of her politics but because of her character.   Many people will disagree with her politics but I hope they see that character is worth voting for her.  A lot of the GOP agreed wt Trump's adoptive politics (he wasn't a believer just wanted power - he molded his policies positions by using the finger in the air method) but look where his character took the country.  Richard and Lynn raised a daughter who's time has come.  Bring it on.  I'd love to see her as the main spokesperson that brings trump down.

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why does Ron continually lie to us??   What’s he get out of it??  I didn’t watch nor have I said anything about last nights hearing.  

It is ok Archy.   I don't think he had you in mind.    But by the way, it is worth going back and watching - keep an open mind. 

• Plus1 1