Insurrection fallout

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

I'm sure this will only make him a more attractive candidate for some folks. 

FBI arrests Michigan gubernatorial candidate Ryan Kelley during raid of Allendale home

LANSING — The FBI raided the Allendale home of Michigan gubernatorial candidate Ryan Kelley on Thursday and arrested him, a spokeswoman confirmed.

Kelley, who sells real estate, was at the Capitol in Washington, D.C. when protestors rioted and illegally entered the building on Jan. 6, 2021, though he never confirmed he went inside and has denied doing anything illegal.

In June 2021, the Michigan Democratic Party shared a video of Kelley outside the Capitol on Jan. 6 of that year. In the video, Kelley appears to shout: "Come on, let's go! This is it! This is — this is war, baby!"

I think all of you would be shocked how many Trump 2020 flags are still up all over the place here. I literally thought to myself today how absolutely weird it is. I've never seen anything like it in my life, over a year and a half after he lost... I mean a bumper sticker is one thing those are a b!^@h to get off, but a flag is so easy to swap out. Every husker fan pulls them down after a loss just fine.

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I think all of you would be shocked how many Trump 2020 flags are still up all over the place here. I literally thought to myself today how absolutely weird it is. I've never seen anything like it in my life, over a year and a half after he lost... I mean a bumper sticker is one thing those are a b!^@h to get off, but a flag is so easy to swap out. Every husker fan pulls them down after a loss just fine.

I live in Nebraska. I wouldn't be shocked in the least.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

It still amazes me that the police didn’t open fire on these losers attacking them.   

Imagine how terrifying it must've been for that group of them that were backed into that tunnel-looking alcove surrounded by fat, stupid, angry Trump neckbeards. 

They were basically trying to hold rank and protect each other because if that group in particular had attacked back or opened fire, they would've been overwhelmed by sheer numbers and potentially killed.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Liz Cheney was powerful in her presentation. Dare I say “presidential “. Pence came across as strong and a man of character unlike the child who was president 

I haven't seen any of it - mostly because it doesn't matter. Liz Cheney is going to lose because Republicans hate Democracy. It's sort of amusing.

Heck, Democrats are practically providing a how-to-guide on things to avoid the next time Republicans try this. 

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

I’m not shocked. I can sort of see putting up a flag 2 years ago. But, it’s the new flags that are idiotic. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

It still amazes me that the police didn’t open fire on these losers attacking them.   

Pretty sure those on the lines didn't have firearms. Wouldn't be a good idea to have a gun on you when you're in hand to hand combat. Too easy for an assailant to grab it and use it against you.

4 hours ago, ZRod said:

On the way home from work today at one of the busiest intersections in Tulsa there was a Trump merchandise truck set up like a food truck might have been on the corner. Disgusting to say the least. This as noted 1.5 years after he lost the election  What a CULT 

With all the Republicans seeking pardons from TFG, you can see why they were nervous about Cheney's "messaging".  Why would you seek a pardon if you didn't do anything that might need to be pardoned?

Mike Pence also needs to complete his character transformation, regardless of whether or not he actually has a soul, he needs to do so to pick a lane politically.  Trumpists are cool with hanging him so why try to tread lightly with the base now?  Cheney showed actual character and when the Trumpists are all in jail her career may be revived.  Pence should think about that.

• Plus1 1