Economy

On 1/19/2024 at 3:37 PM, teachercd said:

SMCI

I hope you fools did not miss out on that badboy.  

And NVDA has surpassed META and is about to overtake AMZN

SMCI has earnings next week.   How you feeling about it?   Could be a good pop if it hits. 

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

SMCI has earnings next week.   How you feeling about it?   Could be a good pop if it hits. 

Ohhhh, I did not even know!

I don't really know what to expect.  These AI stocks are like the old tech stocks back in the early 2000's right now.  I am not sure if any report matters, I think they will just keep climbing for now.

Okay, so, I guess Intel just reported and it was HORRIBLE...IBM is going crazy right now so they are a new AI player...Who knows what will happen with SMCI!

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ohhhh, I did not even know!

I don't really know what to expect.  These AI stocks are like the old tech stocks back in the early 2000's right now.  I am not sure if any report matters, I think they will just keep climbing for now.

Yeah that’s what I thought when the dot-com bubble burst in the late 90’s. That one hurt.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah that’s what I thought when the dot-com bubble burst in the late 90’s. That one hurt.

It was nuts, there was no reason behind anything at that time.  It was like the wild west of the stock market.

• TBH 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, at least there's one Republican that understands the stupid F'ing tariffs do nothing but adds to inflation and hurts the American people. 

Dang...the dudes that love Covid are NOT gonna like that line about China giving it to us.

• Plus1 1
On 1/25/2024 at 4:34 PM, Archy1221 said:

I hope you were an investor my man, good call. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

When it’s going so well that even he can’t lie and say it isn’t.  

This is funny, but ultimately the MAGA diehards will eat this up. Trump is still polling amazingly well. 

Until his multiple criminal indictments actually weaken his electoral prospects - they have not thus far - he's still favored. Keep in mind, to be favored Biden probably needs a 5% lead in polls and for that to translate into a 5% popular vote victory. Any less and we're looking at a repeat of 2016. 

He's currently down ~1-3%. He needs a huge swing to his favor.

47 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I hope you were an investor my man, good call. 

This is funny, but ultimately the MAGA diehards will eat this up. Trump is still polling amazingly well. 

Until his multiple criminal indictments actually weaken his electoral prospects - they have not thus far - he's still favored. Keep in mind, to be favored Biden probably needs a 5% lead in polls and for that to translate into a 5% popular vote victory. Any less and we're looking at a repeat of 2016. 

He's currently down ~1-3%. He needs a huge swing to his favor.

My gambling site has trump at -125, so a slight favorite.  

• Plus1 1