Economy

17 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Yes, because other professions have the ability to ruin millions of lives like these crooks did in 2008 when the housing markets crashed due to their illegal activity. Give me a break. 

Not only do they ruin millions of lives, many of the people still trying to get back on their feet today. But they get bailouts...and bonuses!

Dude....I'm not a fan of hedge fund managers and have absolutely no sympathy if they lose money.  I understand they do some things illegal at times and don't like it.  I also understand their involvement in the 2008 crash.  If someone walked into my office and said they were a hedge fund manager, my respect for them would be through the floor and our conversation would be pretty dang short.

All I said was that they work hard.  They do.  It might not be working hard at something you and I appreciate or respect.  But, they do.

19 minutes ago, Omaha-Husker said:

My big big big worry is now that this is everywhere a bunch of people need to know how to get out of their positions. Some people are putting in money today and need to have limits in place to catch their investment before this thing flies back down b/c its going to be a wild ride.

Which is why longer term, instead of trying to catch the tail end of this bubble, play the inevitable regression/panic sell once enough people decide they have made enough money.  

The company financials do not support this valuation for the long term and traders can’t sustain this amount of volume for the long term.  

now just figure out what other shorts are gonna be in play soon for the Reddit investors and ride that wave for a bit.  They may have figured out a loophole that the common man and woman can use to play the same game these hedge fund folks have been using against everyone else.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If someone walked into my office and said they were a hedge fund manager, my respect for them would be through the floor and our conversation would be pretty dang short.

All I said was that they work hard.  They do.  It might not be working hard at something you and I appreciate or respect.  But, they do.

Not all hedge fund managers are sleeve bag corporate raiders.  Many are very good people who invest the ethical way and make lists of money at it. It’s silly to lump them all together 

like was said, they work hard and many of the folks who work in the hedge fund put in 60-80 hour weeks as the norm.  Burn out is pretty high.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

Not all hedge fund managers are sleeve bag corporate raiders.  Many are very good people who invest the ethical way and make lists of money at it. It’s silly to lump them all together 

like was said, they work hard and many of the folks who work in the hedge fund put in 60-80 hour weeks as the norm.  Burn out is pretty high.  

Very true.  But, if one is walking into my office, they probably want to do business (invest).  I would have no interest.

16 hours ago, knapplc said:

I agree with this. I'm having a hard time figuring out why NASDAQ needs to change any rule in response to this. The Redditors are just doing another version of what hedge fund managers have been doing for decades. 

If it's not a private club, then everyone gets to play. 

Amen!

Old rich dudes are the ones that are freaking out now.  

23 minutes ago, Omaha-Husker said:

How it started.

How its going.

To play devils advocate for a second. I've read the threads on WSB. A lot of those guys buy using margin. Still relatively new to this, but seems like TD/Robinhood don't want people using loaned money to buy a $10 stock for $300. Could come back to completely f#&% Robinhood and TD. Side note: Way too easy to trade using margin on these apps, especially when dealing with novice investors trying to make "Tendies". 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

To play devils advocate for a second. I've read the threads on WSB. A lot of those guys buy using margin. Still relatively new to this, but seems like TD/Robinhood don't want people using loaned money to buy a $10 stock for $300. Could come back to completely f#&% Robinhood and TD. Side note: Way too easy to trade using margin on these apps, especially when dealing with novice investors trying to make "Tendies". 

I think they have every right to halt margin trades in this type of scenario, but halting trading altogether on certain stocks is pretty shady 

• Plus1 2