Biden Foreign Policy

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Every 13 year old girl left in that country is wondering which sexy bachelor terrorist she is going to be forced to marry.  

It would literally be the boring "Bachelorette" ever.  

Might add an element of reality to the show for once 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Weird to see Biden voters and democratic politicians critical of Biden. I thought you were suppose to kiss the presidents a$$ no matter what or get kicked out of the party. 

I think, no matter how you slice it, Afghanistan policy has been a sore spot for decades and multiple administration have had successes and failures in regards to it. Anybody trying to determine which president or administration should be dunked on harder at this point is, in my opinion, using irreparably flawed logic. I think some of what we're seeing is what's needed in our political climate - the ability to judge and criticize with merit, regardless of political affiliation.

IMO, It's hard to look at this current situation and feel like the right thing was done. Trump's administration launched this current attempt to leave (with a plan to be out by May) and here Biden is ultimately executing it in August. Would Trump's admin have handled it any better or worse? We obviously will never know, but their extrication timeline was clearly more aggressive.

I fully understand and appreciate Biden's perspective on it. We can't stay there forever. We were not there to nation build but to limit threats against American interests. At some that country needs to be responsible for itself and get a grip on its affairs. But, it's clear the Afghani government was not prepared to manage this situation. And now it feels like we've gifted the terrorist groups that have poked and prodded us for decades a brand new training ground for "re-education," potentially even buoying them to launch future attacks on our soil or our foreign interests.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Redux said:

Hey @Scarlet I'll give you another shot at this Twitter thing

"MoStLy PeAcEfUl"

And?  You really struggle with nuance.  Again nobody has said the Taliban are good people.  Nobody is saying this is a good thing.  It's f#&%ed beyond anything we can comprehend here.

But what does this have to do with you misrepresenting what Ward said earlier?  Are you somehow trying to say the leftwing media is gleeful the Taliban just waltzed into power? That they are being all Taliban woke?  Weak attempt if that's it but you're good at building straw men I'll give you that.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

And?  You really struggle with nuance.  Again nobody has said the Taliban are good people.  Nobody is saying this is a good thing.  It's f#&%ed beyond anything we can comprehend here.

But what does this have to do with you misrepresenting what Ward said earlier?  Are you somehow trying to say the leftwing media is gleeful the Taliban just waltzed into power? That they are being all Taliban woke?  Weak attempt if that's it but you're good at building straw men I'll give you that.  

Thank you for verifying that you LITERALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND TWEETS EMBEDDED IN POSTS

Edit* are you just confused by the "mostly peaceful" comment?  Do you just not understand the reference?

• Plus1 1