*** NFL 2021 ***

Kind of an interesting look at NFL teams via Matthew Berry's Fantasy Life email.  

These are "script-adjusted" running and passing percentages for NFL teams this year.  I don't really understand want that means but I assume it's trying to adjust for games that are blowouts where the winning team runs more and the losing team passes more.

At any rate, I think it's pretty interesting that the playoff teams are either run-heavy or pass-heavy, skewed towards pass-heavy.  The "balanced" teams aren't in the playoffs.

ESPN’s Mike Clay pulled together a chart for each team that shows their game script-adjusted pass rates. The teams at the top are the pass-heaviest teams and the teams at the bottom are the run-heaviest. The playoff teams are highlighted in blue:

29651cea-e412-4027-bf6e-a21ee26f1007.png

• Plus1 1

I can't believe Dallas thought a designed QB run with 14 sec left and no time outs from the SF 40 was a good idea. Did they think they were outsmarting SF? That field position was more than enough for Dak to have two throws to the end zone and was way less risky than hoping everything goes right on that designed QB run.

I'm the furthest thing from a Dallas fan and I'm pissed off for Dallas.

• Plus1 1