*** NFL 2021 ***

12 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Wondering what might have happened if the Bills squibbed the ball instead on that last kickoff.  

Yep.

The irony of this is that, after the 2019 AFC title game, where New England scored first in OT and KC didn't get a possession, Kansas City went to the Rules Committee and tried getting the OT rules changed so that each team would be guaranteed a possession. No one voted for it. 

• Fire 1
16 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Wondering what might have happened if the Bills squibbed the ball instead on that last kickoff.  

Yep.

Great game, super amazing ending.  Chiefs win, no Bills win, No Chiefs win, No Bills win, no Chiefs tie game and then win.

13 seconds, I cannot imagine how a team can get into FG range from their 25 yard line.  Amazing.  I felt so bad for Allen.  Still do, and I have nothing bad against the Chiefs either. 

That squib kick prolly takes 3, maybe 4 off the clock, which may have done it.

• Fire 1

The Bill's had plenty of opportunities to win yesterday, so I don't think they lost because of a coin toss like some people are claiming. But, I do think this (once again) highlights the strangeness of NFL OT rules.

Each offensive unit should get one guaranteed OT possession. If Offense 1 scores, Offense 2 gets a shot to match or take the lead. If they don't, game over. If Offense 1 turns the ball over and the other team scores off that turnover, game over. And if there are concerns about OT lasting too long/wear and tear on their bodies... then there are plenty of mitigation ideas that would work in the regular season to still try to end the game quickly and fairly. Could do an NHL style where if neither offense scores in the regular season after one possession, you kick progressively harder field goals until someone misses.

That said, I did read some stat that the team that wins the coin toss only wins 54% in the OT. If that statistic is true, then failing to win the coin toss is only a slight statistical disadvantage.