The 2022 Congressional Elections

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ahhhhh, different response standards for attacks on different political parties.   I assumed nothing different.  Party politics amirite. 

No, the attack is horrible.  Was it political?  Has that been determined?

My comments are about Republican gun control opinions.  Not the attack itself.   But......you know that.

• Plus1 2

39 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ahhhhh, different response standards for attacks on different political parties.   I assumed nothing different.  Party politics amirite. 

I'm just curious.  Have you always been a Republican?

I'm just asking, because most of the active people in these threads have been back and forth and/or are Independents.  I just think it's funny when people relentlessly loyal to one party complain about party politics.

Edit:  this board has changed A LOT in the past 6 years.  It's not because people don't believe in fiscal conservatism, or local governments.  I really feel it is because the GOP that many of us used to be comfortable with, and would argue FOR in many cases has been hi-jacked.  And its frustrating that many seem to be okay with it.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
22 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Im guessing they are polling that age group.  Not actually counting votes.

Just like exit polls.

So who knows how accurate it is...

I'm not sure about that.  How do they poll people who voted early?  Before elections, there are polls that are known to be questionable.  After the election, everyone looks at these stats as facts as to what happened.  Like, these are more accurate than pre election polls.  

38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not sure about that.  How do they poll people who voted early?  Before elections, there are polls that are known to be questionable.  After the election, everyone looks at these stats as facts as to what happened.  Like, these are more accurate than pre election polls.  

Erica has no idea who those people actually voted for.  

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, commando said:

those people coming here don't want gender changes...they are coming here because they want to be americans

What, why?  People keep telling me how horrible America is?!?!?!

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know that. 

But, how do people even know that 72% of young people have returned their ballot compared to 54% two years ago.

They don't, they are making up #'s.  

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Lets say a research place calls 200 people.

Question #1: What is your age?

Question #2: Did you vote early?

Question #3: Did you primarily vote Dem or GOP?

200 people answer "18-29" to #1

100 people answer "yes" to #2

72 people answer "Dem" to #3

I'm not a statistician, but it wouldn't be hard to make a claim from the data.  Even if it ends up being wildly inaccurate.