2021-2022 Season Notes

Hmmmm

https://theathletic.com/3048313/2022/01/06/2022-nba-mock-draft-4-0-jabari-smith-jr-leaps-to-no-1-but-team-with-top-pick-might-matter-more-than-ever/

The team has been pretty substantially better with Kobe Webster in the game instead of Verge because the ball doesn’t stick. Per Pivot Analysis, in the minutes McGowens plays with Verge, the team averages 101.8 points per 100 possessions. In the minutes he plays with Webster and without Verge, Nebraska averages 115.4 points per 100. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's strangely worded.  So, is he saying McGowens with Verge they score 101.8 and Mcgowens with Webster they score 115.4?

If so, I can definitely see that.

101.8 with verge in the game including time with Webster and verge. With just mcgowens and Webster, no verge on the court, they score 115.4. And I am assuming Webster and verge have been on the court at the same time.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's strangely worded.  So, is he saying McGowens with Verge they score 101.8 and Mcgowens with Webster they score 115.4?

If so, I can definitely see that.

Yeah, they do points per 100 possessions to adjust for pace of play.  So we score 13.6 more points per 100 possessions with McGowens compared to Verge.