2021-2022 Season Notes

2 hours ago, desertshox said:

They're not 100% sure they are moving on from nebraska?

Verge & Webster are out of eligibility.

Lakes could apply for a medical redshirt, but is unlike to come back either way.

McGraw is a walk on who will probably complete his degree this spring, so I would be surprised if he came back.

Who know with the other three.  McGowens is a fourth year junior & the other two are a fifth year juniors and all three have played four years of college hoops.  They could all technically come back, but may not.  Walker was actually honored at senior night last year, so if he comes back he will get three senior nights.

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

#NotAPointGuard

He can be a point guard when he isn't a black hole with the ball.  Unfortunately there have been too many times this season when he tried to do too much.  Even the announcers last night said several times that this season he has over penetrated frequently this season.

It only helps him at the next level if he figures out that the other four guys on the floor with him can play too.  It's too late for the Huskers this season, but good for him to have figured it out.

• Plus1 1

On 3/3/2022 at 5:09 PM, Mavric said:

#NotAPointGuard

To be fair, #2 on the assists list is not really a point guard either.  He's listed as one but it's more a geo baker or harper Jr bringing it up the floor.

#3 isn't even a starter.

So suffice it to say,  the B1G doesn't seem to have a stud facilitator at the PG position this year.

I have dogged verge most of the season because of the way he played...and I don't think I was wrong about it then.  However, he is playing extremely well over the last 3-4 games and deserves kudos, for sure. 

Wish he would have "figured it out" sooner but he could still be a key piece to a late season surprise run!

• Plus1 1