Would the new AD be tasked with a conference move?

I don't know what the majority thought here is, but any support or hope that the new AD comes in and is tasked with trying to get us back to the Big 12? No doubt we'd initially be faced with embarrassment, but I think that lasts only a year or two before everyone sort of moves on from us returning back home with our tails between our legs. But after the terrible handling of things this past year by the Big Ten, I would have no problem facing that embarrassment. I don't know if Nebraska is even considering returning to the Big12 because they are in the midst of building a new facility, they are recovering from the past year economically, and it just might make financial sense to stay in the Big Ten, but I'll admit, I would support a move back to the Big 12.

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Decked said:

These kinds of threads are hilarious 

but a giant waste of time. This is not going to happen. 

Is it not going to happen due to the financial reasons and benefits of being in the Big Ten give? Or something else?

Nebraska didn't make any friends at the Big Ten offices last Summer, and there was even some shady discussions about the Big Ten adding another baseball game after the fact Nebraska baseball had just won the Big Ten title. I also don't know what majority of Nebraska fans think about a potential move back to the Big 12. Would majority be on board with it? Or majority happy with the Big Ten and would rather stay in the Big Ten?

I think the initial move was great and needed. At the time the Big 12 was on the verge of folding, Texas had too much political control, it made sense and was a smart move for Nebraska to leave. But now that the Big 12 seems financially stable and isn't going anywhere, it may be worth looking at a return.

No- it's not happening. AND we need the extra revenue to pay players now that the Supreme Court has ruled that players income can not be limited. In short order we will be vying to be highest bidder for new and transfer recruits. 

BIG is VERY poorly run, but it will be around and right now it pays well. Return to the Texas League isnt happening. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:facepalm:

No.

Now...who is going to ask this again?

Do you think Nebraska will go back to the Big XII? 

Just now, Nebraska55fan said:

No- it's not happening. AND we need the extra revenue to pay players now that the Supreme Court has ruled that players income can not be limited. In short order we will be vying to be highest bidder for new and transfer recruits. 

Are you sure that's what is going on? 

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

Is it not going to happen due to the financial reasons and benefits of being in the Big Ten give? Or something else?

Nebraska didn't make any friends at the Big Ten offices last Summer, and there was even some shady discussions about the Big Ten adding another baseball game after the fact Nebraska baseball had just won the Big Ten title. I also don't know what majority of Nebraska fans think about a potential move back to the Big 12. Would majority be on board with it? Or majority happy with the Big Ten and would rather stay in the Big Ten?

I think the initial move was great and needed. At the time the Big 12 was on the verge of folding, Texas had too much political control, it made sense and was a smart move for Nebraska to leave. But now that the Big 12 seems financially stable and isn't going anywhere, it may be worth looking at a return.

The Big 12 isn't nearly as financial and politically stable as you think.  They still don't have a conference network, and are being carried/dominated by Texas and Oklahoma.  If either of those schools get an itch to leave, the rest of the Big 12 would be screwed.

11 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Do you think Nebraska will go back to the Big XII? 

Are you sure that's what is going on? 

No and YES- the NCAA armour is cracked. 

From Justice Kavanaugh:  

"Price-fixing labor is price-fixing labor. And price-fixing labor is ordinarily a textbook antitrust problem because it extinguishes the free market in which individuals can otherwise obtain fair compensation for their work."

Kavanaugh pointed out that the NCAA has relied on certain past interpretations of law to argue its legality in the past, and that the Court’s ruling on Monday should change the way NCAA rules are analyzed moving forward. The NCAA should not be exempt from antitrust laws, Kavanaugh specifically reminded the governing body of college athletics."

Read the ruling and read the opinions. Universities can NOT collude with each other to limit in any way the cost of their labor- PLAYERS. Kavanaugh clearly states there can be no limit. Read the article. 

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/31679946/supreme-court-sides-former-players-dispute-ncaa-compensation

1 minute ago, Nebraska55fan said:

No and YES Im POSITIVE, 

Read the ruling and read the opinions. Universities can NOT collude with each other to limit in any way the cost of their labor- PLAYERS. Kavanaugh clearly states there can be no limit. Read the article. 

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/31679946/supreme-court-sides-former-players-dispute-ncaa-compensation

unlimited compensation as long as it is some way connected to their education.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The Big 12 isn't nearly as financial and politically stable as you think.  They still don't have a conference network, and are being carried/dominated by Texas and Oklahoma.  If either of those schools get an itch to leave, the rest of the Big 12 would be screwed.

Maybe true, but why would either of those programs leave? They dominate the conference, or at least Oklahoma does and Oklahoma benefits from having the big market and brand of Texas to battle against. Even if they did leave, with the inevitable expansion of the college football playoffs, there'd be numerous choices of programs that could replace either one of those teams, and if one of them left, mainly Texas, maybe that would make it easier for the conference to gain a network and grow. 

8 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Maybe true, but why would either of those programs leave? They dominate the conference, or at least Oklahoma does and Oklahoma benefits from having the big market and brand of Texas to battle against. Even if they did leave, with the inevitable expansion of the college football playoffs, there'd be numerous choices of programs that could replace either one of those teams, and if one of them left, mainly Texas, maybe that would make it easier for the conference to gain a network and grow. 

If Texas or Oklahoma did leave, the conference would not have any attractive programs which would be valuable to a future network.

22 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If Texas or Oklahoma did leave, the conference would not have any attractive programs which would be valuable to a future network.

I think a network could survive with Nebraska, Kansas State, West Virginia, Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma State and either a Texas or Oklahoma. Then come basketball season and you get Kansas.

If they can make an ACC Network work, they can make a Big 12 network work.

• Haha 2
Just now, BoNeyard said:

I think a network could survive with Nebraska, Kansas State, West Virginia, Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma State and either a Texas or Oklahoma. Then come basketball season and you get Kansas.

If they can make an ACC Network work, they can make a Big 12 network work.

The Big12 won't have a network until the LHN is dead and buried.  As I'm typing this I haven't seen it in a while, is it dead and buried?  Anyone?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1