***Official 2021 Bowl Projections Thread***

GSG

• GSG changed the title to ***Official 2021 Bowl Projections Thread***

• 1 month later...

4 minutes ago, GSG said:

Dec. 30 Duke's Mayo Bowl Nebraska vs. Clemson

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/college-football-bowl-projections-week-6-penn-state-oklahoma/ztsvi8ygjilg108yd880iamcr

Las Vegas Bowl (Dec. 30)

Tie-In: Big Ten vs. Pac-12

Projection: UCLA vs. Nebraska

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/bowl-projections-2021

Frost vs his old boss would be interesting. Us vs Clemson? I mean I know they're down this year but...

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Frost vs his old boss would be interesting. Us vs Clemson? I mean I know they're down this year but...

Guessing those Clemson kids would be pretty uninterested.  If I remember correctly, we played pretty good against them the last time we were in a bowl game against them.  

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, GSG said:

It's honestly kind of wild how the projections are all over the place, not just for us 

Well, for most teams, the season isn't half over yet. These projections are about as accurate as a preseason Top 25. 

Would like a grudge match against K-State or Colorado to round out a positive season (assuming we make a bowl). 

2 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Well, for most teams, the season isn't half over yet. These projections are about as accurate as a preseason Top 25. 

Would like a grudge match against K-State or Colorado to round out a positive season (assuming we make a bowl). 

I would much rather have the Jan 1 against Florida.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I would much rather have the Jan 1 against Florida.

True, but beggars can't be choosers. 

Also, there's no Redbox Bowl this year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Bowl

It's the old Foster Farms Bowl (that we played in under Riley) and they don't have a TV deal or anything for 2021, and it's been scrapped completely for 2022 (as it stands currently). 

So either someone is working off an outdated list of bowl venues, or something has happened and Wikipedia hasn't been updated. 

13 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

True, but beggars can't be choosers. 

Also, there's no Redbox Bowl this year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Bowl

It's the old Foster Farms Bowl (that we played in under Riley) and they don't have a TV deal or anything for 2021, and it's been scrapped completely for 2022 (as it stands currently). 

So either someone is working off an outdated list of bowl venues, or something has happened and Wikipedia hasn't been updated. 

San Francisco used to be an absolutely amazing place to go- been many times, cycled across the GG bridge, rode ferry back etc. Place is in chaos now- homeless- needles everywhere and people s#!tting in the streets- feces everywhere down town- fishermans warf etc according to my buddy who lives in Palo Alto. He said they closed all the Walgreens stores downtown because of all the looting/legalized shoplifting. Was planning on attending whatever bowl we got invited to- won't be going to this one if that's where they are playing it. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

San Francisco used to be an absolutely amazing place to go- been many times, cycled across the GG bridge, rode ferry back etc. Place is in chaos now- homeless- needles everywhere and people s#!tting in the streets- feces everywhere down town- fishermans warf etc according to my buddy who lives in Palo Alto. He said they closed all the Walgreens stores downtown because of all the looting/legalized shoplifting. Was planning on attending whatever bowl we got invited to- won't be going to this one if that's where they are playing it. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 4