Corporations: the good, the bad, and the ugly

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

By saying that didn’t last long?   The post you just responded to is what I understood to be the reasoning btw.  

I wonder why thought when so many other beer brands market to the LGBTQ community.....why all of a sudden this marketing went the way it did, to the point of her taking a leave of absence.

• Plus1 1

• 4 weeks later...

On 5/3/2023 at 5:01 AM, BigRedBuster said:

For no reason other than people stupidly over reacting to something that has no affect on them. 

I agree it’s a stupid place to draw the line for Bud Light drinkers but this is exactly how free enterprise is supposed to work. The consumer can send the manufacturer a message by purchasing or not purchasing their product. It doesn’t have to be for rational reasons.

I know a few guys that have said they won’t ever buy BL again…and then they pivot to Busch Light :lol:  I also know for a fact that Budweiser in Fort Collins is taking one of their dedicated Bud Light lines and switching to producing another beer on it.

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree it’s a stupid place to draw the line for Bud Light drinkers but this is exactly how free enterprise is supposed to work. The consumer can send the manufacturer a message by purchasing or not purchasing their product. It doesn’t have to be for rational reasons.

I know a few guys that have said they won’t ever buy BL again…and then they pivot to Busch Light :lol:  I also know for a fact that Budweiser in Fort Collins is taking one of their dedicated Bud Light lines and switching to producing another beer on it.

You're right.  Consumers have the right to make decisions on what they purchase and have the right to make those decisions based on non-rational reasons.

But...this is just stupid.  Especially from a political side that cries about cancel culture.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
58 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:facepalm:

If it's so dangerous you'd think these guys would get out of the industry and destroy their work.

Since they're not, I'm guessing this has more to do with freezing new competitors out of the industry than actual concern.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

You're right.  Consumers have the right to make decisions on what they purchase and have the right to make those decisions based on non-rational reasons.

But...this is just stupid.  Especially from a political side that cries about cancel culture.

Once again I agree but I also think it was stupid of AB to not see this coming. They had to have known who their primary demographic was and that they were prone to rebelling against this. I hate to generalize (but I will), the typical Bud Light drinker is not overly discerning about the beer they drink and I have to believe the majority would fall in the political spectrum that would be upset with catering to LGBTQ. AB either wanted this to be the result (I doubt that) or their marketing people were extremely lazy. Maybe they expected some pushback and got a lot more than anticipated.

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Once again I agree but I also think it was stupid of AB to not see this coming. They had to have known who their primary demographic was and that they were prone to rebelling against this. I hate to generalize (but I will), the typical Bud Light drinker is not overly discerning about the beer they drink and I have to believe the majority would fall in the political spectrum that would be upset with catering to LGBTQ. AB either wanted this to be the result (I doubt that) or their marketing people were extremely lazy. Maybe they expected some pushback and got a lot more than anticipated.

Oh, obviously, from a business standpoint the marketing was dumb.

But, in general, the reaction to it is even more dumb.

• TBH 1