Corporations: the good, the bad, and the ugly

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Stupidity of the boycott aside, I was going to say that Bud Light is finally ranking closer to where they should…..and then I saw that they are behind even PBR, MGD and Miller Lite :facepalm:  Anybody that buys and drinks donkey piss beers like this gets what they deserve. I don’t understand how any of these barely flavored beers have survived the proliferation of actually good micro brews.

You are SOOOO lucky you did not badmouth Hamms...so lucky.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Stupidity of the boycott aside, I was going to say that Bud Light is finally ranking closer to where they should…..and then I saw that they are behind even PBR, MGD and Miller Lite :facepalm:  Anybody that buys and drinks donkey piss beers like this gets what they deserve. I don’t understand how any of these barely flavored beers have survived the proliferation of actually good micro brews.

We lived in a neighborhood outside DesMoines where we had lots of neighborhood parties. 

i realized that I would bring a cooler of beer and some would just drink out of mine. Fine….but every once in a while they could bring some. 

I started bringing Hamms  and PBR. I had all my beer to myself. 

And they are pretty good. 

• Plus1 1

I'll drink PBR, Hamms, Miller Lite, Old Style, etc. 100x over before I drink a Bud Light. People say they all taste like urine and I disagree, my refined pallet for s#!tty beer can easily tell the difference between the strains and water contents of the different kinds of urine :lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I'll drink PBR, Hamms, Miller Lite, Old Style, etc. 100x over before I drink a Bud Light. People say they all taste like urine and I disagree, my refined pallet for s#!tty beer can easily tell the difference between the strains and water contents of the different kinds of urine :lol:

One I haven't had in a while is Schlitz.  

People complain about these types of beers then go to a microbrewery and drink worse/or similar beers sometimes and claim it's really good because it's a "Craft Beer".

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

People complain about these types of beers then go to a microbrewery and drink worse/or similar beers sometimes and claim it's really good because it's a "Craft Beer".

I have never had a microbrew that tasted like batteries, piss water, or radioactive waste.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ve never had a craft beer remotely as bland as the big brands. The closest is maybe Mountain Time by New Belgium. Love their Fat Tire, Sunshine Wheat, Abbey and others but Mountain Time is no better than BL, MGD etc, possibly it’s even worse.

The one exception is every once in awhile in the summer I’ll have a Bud Light Lime or Corona. It can be light and refreshing. If I drank a lot more beer I’d prob be okay with them but I figure I drink so little, might as well drink the good stuff.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I’ve never had a craft beer remotely as bland as the big brands. The closest is maybe Mountain Time by New Belgium. Love their Fat Tire, Sunshine Wheat, Abbey and others but Mountain Time is no better than BL, MGD etc, possibly it’s even worse.

The one exception is every once in awhile in the summer I’ll have a Bud Light Lime or Corona. It can be light and refreshing. If I drank a lot more beer I’d prob be okay with them but I figure I drink so little, might as well drink the good stuff.

My opinion is that these beers got a bad rap when everyone started loving Bud light, Busch light and coors light because they had more flavor. 

If you put these in a keg and poured them in a micro brew under a new name, people would love them. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

My opinion is that these beers got a bad rap when everyone started loving Bud light, Busch light and coors light because they had more flavor. 

If you put these in a keg and poured them in a micro brew under a new name, people would love them. 

"Flavor" is being used very loosely here... :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Oopphffffff……hopefully for investors their dividend has been good.  Buy and hold would certainly have been a waste on this one.  

'merican exceptionalism.  When a company speaks out about policy and it creates faux outrage from neo nazis and a governor with really thin skin.

• Plus1 1