For the Gambler out there, OU week

NU +22.5/23

If this game tomorrow were in Lincoln I would immediatley suggest taking the points. Some of the best bets in my past has been to take the home dog in a rivalry game. Rivalry games bring out the best in the home underdogs, i.e. fans, band members, coaching, vendors, everyone, even the beer is colder. This game is at the favorites home. 

OU hasn't played a team of substance yet, so that needs some consideration. However, OU runs the type of offense that improves the more they play. They can get red hot by the end of the season, but cool off quickly in the wait from regular season to bowl game. The offense is very finese, timing, readingoff each other, and just clicking as a complete and cohesive unit. Game 3 for them and well out of the blocks.

The OU defense will be very stout against NU. NU doesn't have the offensive horses to compete with OU's D, and they dang sure don't have the coaching. Watch closely the play of the front seven for OU vs. the NU offensive line.

• Renewed Rivalry game at favorites home, +OU
  • Offense +OU
  • Defense, Too much OU speed for the Black Shirt to handle, +OU
  • Special teams, Uh-Oh, maybe OU won't punt, +OU
  • Statement game as introduction to a new conference, +OU. NU does still have marquee credit.

Give the 23 points.

Discuss and have at it. 

31 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

NUs only shot to cover is if the offense doesn’t bury itself with turnovers or sloppy play. Cannot afford any slow starts either, like when Iowa jumps out to a 17-rip lead either. The only way the win is if OU is a paper giant or stinks up it up something fierce. 

FYI, Iowa hasn't jumped ahead of NU 17-0 in any of the 3 games during Frost's tenure. 

• Plus1 1

Since this is a gambling thread the heart goes out the window. 

I'd stay the hell away from this but it's up to the D to generate some sort of pressure and turnovers off of that or it's going to be a track meet.  In the first three games their have been a lot of opposing receivers running wide open that the QB flat missed.  If that happens tomorrow we won't be so lucky.  Without any pressure, giving the points looks like the way to go.

3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Since this is a gambling thread the heart goes out the window. 

I'd stay the hell away from this but it's up to the D to generate some sort of pressure and turnovers off of that or it's going to be a track meet.  In the first three games their have been a lot of opposing receivers running wide open that the QB flat missed.  If that happens tomorrow we won't be so lucky.  Without any pressure, giving the points looks like the way to go.

To a certain degree, yes. 

But here's the key for the blackshirts (IMO)

1. Stop the run (you know they gone pass, so make them 1 dimensional).

2. The back 7 - eliminate big plays.  We got some studs in the secondary, and a few good cover LBs, so I feel good about that. 

3. The RZ - the field gets smaller;  Tighten up the windows and force FGs.

4. Don't panic, play sound, play your game.  Have a chip on your shoulder and some swag.

5. They gone score some points.  Maybe you gone intercept a ball and force a fumble.  If you can make a play, make it.  Otherwise, keep battling.

• Plus1 2