Podcasts

Since my new(er) job doesn't really require a lot facetime or phone calls I've been listening to some podcasts while I work. Thought I'd share some that I like and see if anyone else has any they would recommend. 

One of the more popular podcasts in all of podcast-world, Crime Junkie. Basically it's two women who re-tell solved/unsovled/strange true crime stories. Listened to this episode yesterday and it was bananas:

This one is kinda cool even though it's old. It's a limited series. They tried to make a TV version of it starring Jessica Biel and Stanley Tucci. I haven't finished it yet, but it's the story of a journalist investigating the disappearance of over 300 people at neuroscience research facility in Tennessee. 

This one is pretty weird. You can listen to any episode in any order, it doesn't matter. The show is basically a weird/funny radio show for a fictional town called Night Vale, with reports on the strange happenings around town.

Really hoping they continue stuff like this next one: This is Strawberry Spring, which is a short story by Stephen King that they turned into a scripted radio show starring a few known actors:

If there's interest, I'll pop some more in the thread tomorrow. 

• Plus1 4

Like you, I'm able to listen to a lot of podcasts while I work.

I listen to all the 1620 shows and local media podcasts of course, other than that:

History Unplugged

Ridiculous History

Stuff To Blow Your Mind

Revolutions

Ted Talks Daily

Joe Rogan

The Way I Heard It w/ Mike Rowe

A few easy listening/funny podcasts:

Nateland

2 Bears 1 Cave

Monday Morning Podcast w/ Bill Burr

• Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Like you, I'm able to listen to a lot of podcasts while I work.

I listen to all the 1620 shows and local media podcasts of course, other than that:

History Unplugged

Ridiculous History

Stuff To Blow Your Mind

Revolutions

Ted Talks Daily

Joe Rogan

The Way I Heard It w/ Mike Rowe

A few easy listening/funny podcasts:

Nateland

2 Bears 1 Cave

Monday Morning Podcast w/ Bill Burr

I forgot about BIll Burr! 

The only sports related ones I've been listening to lately are the Yahoo guys on "The College Football Enquirer" and the 247 guys on "The College Football Daily." I tried the "Locked On Big 10" podcast once, but they had an Iowa guy and Wisconsin guy and all they did was talk s#!t about NU the whole time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 11:20 AM, DevoHusker said:

You guys might try Small Town Murder. I like it, but a lot is NSFW.

Thought I would try this one out and they recently did one that took place in Colorado. I didn't know they did this huge deep on the area. Listening to them s#!t on Eastern Colorado and Greeley (which they described as a s#!thole @JJ Husker can attest to that) was pretty hilarious. Interested to see where this goes :thumbs 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, GSG said:

Thought I would try this one out and they recently did one that took place in Colorado. I didn't know they did this huge deep on the area. Listening to them s#!t on Eastern Colorado and Greeley (which they described as a s#!thole @JJ Husker can attest to that) was pretty hilarious. Interested to see where this goes :thumbs 

I’ll have to check that out. And I can attest, the far east side of Greeley is a s#!thole. That’s why I live on the west side ;)

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, GSG said:

Good deal. More interesting with local knowledge or connection I'm sure. I have enjoyed them, though they sometimes get off in the weeds kinda deep.

Enjoy!

3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Good deal. More interesting with local knowledge or connection I'm sure. I have enjoyed them, though they sometimes get off in the weeds kinda deep.

Enjoy!

If you haven't listened to Ep#242 Carr, Colorado, I would check it out. Sick sick sick mf'ers. 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 months later...