Saunders

What Happens?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Call your shot!

• Nebraska wins & covers (-9)
    • Nebraska wins but doesn't cover
    • Northwestern wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2021 at 10:00 PM

1 minute ago, TheSker said:

So you're claiming Frost is gone after the next loss?

No, not right after the loss.

But he can't afford to drop a game where he is a double digit favorite at home vs a crappy team.

My guess, is that he is already gone BUT if he can not lose to the crap teams (NW, Minny, PU) and if he can get 3 out of 4 from Michigan, OSU, Wisky (they are crap too) and Iowa...then he is safe.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

But he can't afford to drop a game where he is a double digit favorite at home vs a crappy team.

My guess, is that he is already gone BUT if he can not lose to the crap teams (NW, Minny, PU) and if he can get 3 out of 4 from Michigan, OSU, Wisky (they are crap too) and Iowa...then he is safe.

I think if he beats NW, Minnesota, and Purdue then he just has to get two more wins out of the other 4 and not get blown out and fans will be pretty high going into the offseason. People will still want some staff movement though. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

You guys keep saying that we should be a one loss team. I disagree.  We should be undefeated.  You are claiming the OU game should be a loss.  If our kicker could make a field goal, we would have won.

I agree, we should have zero losses. But considering we are currently 2-3 and not 5-0….I guess beggars can’t be choosers.

47 minutes ago, teachercd said:

31 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I think if he beats NW, Minnesota, and Purdue then he just has to get two more wins out of the other 4 and not get blown out and fans will be pretty high going into the offseason. People will still want some staff movement though. 

Heck, I think he only has to win those 3 plus 1 of the other 4 to be safe. Simply getting bowl eligible, finally, while showing signs of improvement should be enough to buy another year. But it doesn’t really matter until those things actually happen.

Guys...

10 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Heck, I think he only has to win those 3 plus 1 of the other 4 to be safe. Simply getting bowl eligible, finally, while showing signs of improvement should be enough to buy another year. But it doesn’t really matter until those things actually happen.

It's really simple--if we go bowling, Frost stays. We don't, and he's either staying with coaching changes (e.g. O-Line, QB Coach, Special Teams) or he's gone. 

Hopefully if Frost doesn't go bowling, he won't pull a Callahan and go down with his ineffective coaches. 

7 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Guys...

It's really simple--if we go bowling, Frost stays. We don't, and he's either staying with coaching changes (e.g. O-Line, QB Coach, Special Teams) or he's gone. 

Hopefully if Frost doesn't go bowling, he won't pull a Callahan and go down with his ineffective coaches. 

There are enough powers that be in Frost's corner that he'll be fine.

.....of course with a $20 million buyout he'd be fine that way too.

• Haha 3
58 minutes ago, TheSker said:

There are enough powers that be in Frost's corner that he'll be fine.

.....of course with a $20 million buyout he'd be fine that way too.

I think you’re probably correct. But, if he doesn’t get to 6 wins this year and is retained, that will only be due to politics and/or the large buyout number. It won’t be because he deserves it or has done enough. We can only speculate about his retention or dismissal but what we know is that sh#t should be better at this point in time. He has about 7 games left to make his case.

The narrative might be quite a bit different without the ongoing special teams, penalties and OL problems that have plagued this team throughout his tenure. Wins and losses are important for sure but those unresolved issues are the bigger problem in my book. Its pretty tough to argue progress is being made when some of the simplest aspects of the game more resemble the proverbial monkey f#&%ing a football.

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I think you’re probably correct. But, if he doesn’t get to 6 wins this year and is retained, that will only be due to politics and/or the large buyout number. It won’t be because he deserves it or has done enough. We can only speculate about his retention or dismissal but what we know is that sh#t should be better at this point in time. He has about 7 games left to make his case.

The narrative might be quite a bit different without the ongoing special teams, penalties and OL problems that have plagued this team throughout his tenure. Wins and losses are important for sure but those unresolved issues are the bigger problem in my book. Its pretty tough to argue progress is being made when some of the simplest aspects of the game more resemble the proverbial monkey f#&%ing a football.

There is a lot to like about this team going forward.

Literally the worst special teams in the conference along with some OL problems and this team can hang with most anyone.

Held said yesterday we are going to use the option as a staple going forward, Soni think they are taking immediate steps as our OL figures things out.

Also, my hunch is Frost is getting some input from former players because he stepped in with the OL this week to work on pad level and technique.

I'm not one who worries about the same mistakes in year 4.  We have turned the roster so much that the staff still has to figure out which pieces and parts work 

Like others, I consider covering my eyes during special teams.....but the games are fun to watch again.....and I'm truly not concerned Ohio State will beat us 70-0 on national tv.

Did progress take longer than anyone, including Frost thought?  Yes, I think so.

But progress is being made 

And Frost is p!ssed at the OL.  Frost's boy Adrian got sacked 7 times.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
13 minutes ago, TheSker said:

There is a lot to like about this team going forward.

Literally the worst special teams in the conference along with some OL problems and this team can hang with most anyone.

Held said yesterday we are going to use the option as a staple going forward, Soni think they are taking immediate steps as our OL figures things out.

Also, my hunch is Frost is getting some input from former players because he stepped in with the OL this week to work on pad level and technique.

I'm not one who worries about the same mistakes in year 4.  We have turned the roster so much that the staff still has to figure out which pieces and parts work 

Like others, I consider covering my eyes during special teams.....but the games are fun to watch again.....and I'm truly not concerned Ohio State will beat us 70-0 on national tv.

Did progress take longer than anyone, including Frost thought?  Yes, I think so.

But progress is being made 

And Frost is p!ssed at the OL.  Frost's boy Adrian got sacked 7 times.

Sure there are some things that have improved and seem to be on the right track. I guess those “things” being defense. But then there are things like repeated false starts, crucial debilitating penalties, PAT kicks and chip shot field goals being an adventure, inability to effectively punt the ball or develop any kind of kick return game… It's hard to heap too much praise on the improvements and bright spots when the simplest aspects of the game are being butchered week in and week out.

Here’s hoping those things show rapid improvement beginning tomorrow. Personally I don’t want to experience another coaching/staff change for a long long time.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Sure there are some things that have improved and seem to be on the right track. I guess those “things” being defense. But then there are things like repeated false starts, crucial debilitating penalties, PAT kicks and chip shot field goals being an adventure, inability to effectively punt the ball or develop any kind of kick return game… It's hard to heap too much praise on the improvements and bright spots when the simplest aspects of the game are being butchered week in and week out.

Here’s hoping those things show rapid improvement beginning tomorrow. Personally I don’t want to experience another coaching/staff change for a long long time.

Almost everything you mentioned is special teams.

Toure is a bright spot.  I think Rahmir is about ready to bust a couple.....love his speed.

Oliver Martin will help when he gets back.  We have good team speed on offense and I have a feeling they are working on option a lot in practice right now.  We're not blocking well enough for the inside zone, and Husker fans will eat up some option football.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Almost everything you mentioned is special teams.

Toure is a bright spot.  I think Rahmir is about ready to bust a couple.....love his speed.

Oliver Martin will help when he gets back.  We have good team speed on offense and I have a feeling they are working on option a lot in practice right now.  We're not blocking well enough for the inside zone, and Husker fans will eat up some option football.

I don’t want or need to point out the deficient areas. We all know what they are. So I didn’t list red zone offense or hurry up offense or the actual W-L record. Yes, there are some bright spots and some reasons for optimism. I just wish there were far fewer reasons for pessimism. But I think we’ve arrived at put up or shut up time. Have to string together some wins.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t want or need to point out the deficient areas. We all know what they are. So I didn’t list red zone offense or hurry up offense or the actual W-L record. Yes, there are some bright spots and some reasons for optimism. I just wish there were far fewer reasons for pessimism. But I think we’ve arrived at put up or shut up time. Have to string together some wins.

I think we will.

I couldn't be more excited to see the team play again tomorrow night 

9 holes in the afternoon and the golf course is a Husker watch site.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2