Saunders

What Happens?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Call your shot!

• Nebraska wins & covers (-9)
    • Nebraska wins but doesn't cover
    • Northwestern wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2021 at 10:00 PM

7 minutes ago, rdg25 said:

This battle for NU will be a competitve game but following the odds.  

I wouldn't be surprised if it's close based on past performances, but on paper it looks like NW is a bad team that's going to get beat pretty easily. What gives the NW faithful confidence going into this matchup besides previous years?

3 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

This kind of take I don't find smart. Any win means a lot especially since we haven't had a lot recently.

I think he means that losing this game is basically a "good bye" to Frost, which is clearly huge.

Winning this game really just buys another chance for him to stay.

• Plus1 6
39 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

This kind of take I don't find smart. Any win means a lot especially since we haven't had a lot recently.

35 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think he means that losing this game is basically a "good bye" to Frost, which is clearly huge.

Winning this game really just buys another chance for him to stay.

Yep.  Basically winning this game is like, cool, we beat a team we should've.  I'll take it and be happy about it but also not overly excited.  A loss here looks pretty damn bad and likely has much larger implications like @teachercd said.

• Plus1 1
Just now, RedSavage said:

Yep.  Basically winning this game is like, cool, we beat a team we should've.  I'll take it and be happy about it but also not overly excited.  A loss here looks pretty damn bad and likely has much larger implications like @teachercd said.

It is sort of sad (maybe not the best word) because that Illinois game was a joke and the MSU game was domination in the second half.

What we should be talking about is a one loss Husker team getting ready to beat NW and crack the top 20.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is sort of sad (maybe not the best word) because that Illinois game was a joke and the MSU game was domination in the second half.

What we should be talking about is a one loss Husker team getting ready to beat NW and crack the top 20.

Exactly….and that is sad.

If that were the case (as it should be), the discussion right now would be how many tens of years to extend SF’s contract instead of arguing about if we get rid if him now instead of waiting for the end of the season. That Illini loss was huge and losing when we should have won against MSU, even though we dominated, sure didn’t help much. This NW (I refuse to ever refer to them as NU) game is super critical. HCSF simply cannot afford to lose any more games he is expected to win. There aren’t that many of them but NW is horrible and winning this one is an absolute necessity. Dominating but losing again just isn’t an option. IMO

and that is why I am going to put everything left in my MGM account on the Huskers. If this is the end, I want to be good and pissed and, if not, I like money.

11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Exactly….and that is sad.

If that were the case (as it should be), the discussion right now would be how many tens of years to extend SF’s contract instead of arguing about if we get rid if him now instead of waiting for the end of the season. That Illini loss was huge and losing when we should have won against MSU, even though we dominated, sure didn’t help much. This NW (I refuse to ever refer to them as NU) game is super critical. HCSF simply cannot afford to lose any more games he is expected to win. There aren’t that many of them but NW is horrible and winning this one is an absolute necessity. Dominating but losing again just isn’t an option. IMO

and that is why I am going to put everything left in my MGM account on the Huskers. If this is the end, I want to be good and pissed and, if not, I like money.

If this was a 1 loss team right now, we would be hoping that AM was coming back for another year.  We would be "looking past" this lame game and onto an electric atmosphere game with Michigan being a top 10 team and NU probably like 18th.  A win in that game and Minny and Purdue the two following weeks...and then you have a top 10 vs top 10 game against OSU.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If this was a 1 loss team right now, we would be hoping that AM was coming back for another year.  We would be "looking past" this lame game and onto an electric atmosphere game with Michigan being a top 10 team and NU probably like 18th.  A win in that game and Minny and Purdue the two following weeks...and then you have a top 10 vs top 10 game against OSU.

You guys keep saying that we should be a one loss team. I disagree.  We should be undefeated.  You are claiming the OU game should be a loss.  If our kicker could make a field goal, we would have won.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, tmfr15 said:

We win. We cover. But we don’t score 30. We score in the 50s. I feel it. The defense is going to score.a couple times. AM to ST a couple times. AM on a run play. A couple RB TDS. Maybe AM to Austin Allen for six. 

This is our get right game. This is where it begins to turn 

We broke a tendency when we expanded that 14-3 lead against Buffalo. We broke a tendency when we came out and competed well in the second half against OU. We had Michigan State on the ropes. More evidence of the change that’s coming. 

We didn’t finish. I get it. Until we do, the movie stays the same. Why not now? This is our time. We are going to win the first of a four game streak to clinch bowl eligibility and set up great games against solid opponents in the last three games. 

I was stunned last week. Devastated really. And then I realized that we are standing  in front of a major opportunity here , not just for this year but for the seasons to come. 

Maybe  it’s wishful thinking. But I have seen enough to believe we can do it. 

Goonies never say die.