Social Media Mangement

Ok, do you have a systematic way you manage your social media accounts?

Let me explain. 

Here is how I do it:

Twitter - mostly news outlets. This could be national, political, sports, local, industry…etc type of news where I like accounts that link articles. 

Instagram - Hobbies. I follow accounts of interest to me outside of work and friends. I have lots of hobbies and it’s a good place for that. 

Facebook - Pretty much trash and only use it to keep in touch with friends I don’t see often. 

There are some exceptions to these rules, but I’ve found this to work well. 

Twitter is fantastic. I can't believe anyone doesn't like it. You curate your own feed, so if you're seeing things you don't like... that's on you, isn't it?

I don't use FB. I need to delete it, honestly.

I have an Instagram account but barely use it.

You can tell this is a message board full of olds because no one has mentioned Snap or TikTok. 

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Twitter is fantastic. I can't believe anyone doesn't like it. You curate your own feed, so if you're seeing things you don't like... that's on you, isn't it?

You can tell this is a message board full of olds because no one has mentioned Snap or TikTok. 

Excuse me.  I mentioned TikTok

Oh and I use Snap but not for like social media information. 

• Plus1 2
43 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I wouldn’t say I don’t like Twitter. I just haven’t invested any effort into using it or “curating” my content feed. Maybe someday when I have the time to get comfortable with it….

I do get some Snapchat stuff from my kids but other than obtaining the occasional glimpse into what they may be doing, it isn’t anything I really need.

But yeah, I’m older and my overall attitude towards social media is that I can get along perfectly fine without any of it. Because, let’s face it, much of it is detrimental to society and it erodes more traditional forms of communication. I prefer anything that will get the younger generation’s noses out of their phone and actually having real conversations. So much of social media is just “hey look at me” and superficial bs.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I wouldn’t say I don’t like Twitter. I just haven’t invested any effort into using it or “curating” my content feed. Maybe someday when I have the time to get comfortable with it….

I feel like you have the same attitude toward Twitter that I have toward Snap or TikTok. I could probably get some use out of them, but I just don't care to invest the time.

Twitter's shelf life is already on the waning side. Maybe I'll get a TikTok account or SnapChat or whatever when Twitter dwindles away. 

• Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I feel like you have the same attitude toward Twitter that I have toward Snap or TikTok. I could probably get some use out of them, but I just don't care to invest the time.

Twitter's shelf life is already on the waning side. Maybe I'll get a TikTok account or SnapChat or whatever when Twitter dwindles away. 

So what you’re saying is, if I put off figuring out Twitter for a while longer, I won’t have to ever do it. I’m in :lol:

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

TikTock has some good recipes.