Frost and AM talking about 2022

lo country

25 minutes ago, lo country said:

This is a HUGE red flag to me regardless of staff.  How in year 4 do we trot out a guy with a broken jaw and high ankle sprain over several scholarship guys who have been in the system for the past 2 years....And then, as the HC, you see no progress and you don't hit the portal.  They are so tied at the hip, that I wonder if Frost hasn't pursued another legit QB to continue to give AM 100% of his support and not "get into his head".

Oh I know man, so with you here. I thought the exact same when Pelini kept putting Taylor out there after his foot injury. And damn, when Osborne played Berringer with a deflated lung. I knew that coach wasn't going to last long after that.... :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Oh I know man, so with you here. I thought the exact same when Pelini kept putting Taylor out there after his foot injury. And damn, when Osborn played Barringer with a deflated lung. I knew that coach wasn't going to last long after that.... :facepalm:

Barringer is a great one to add to the misspelled names list. Nice.  Osborn and Barringer.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Oh I know man, so with you here. I thought the exact same when Pelini kept putting Taylor out there after his foot injury. And damn, when Osborne played Berringer with a deflated lung. I knew that coach wasn't going to last long after that.... :facepalm:

So you’re saying that we have about 3 more years of Frost? Hah!

47 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

At least Osborne and Pelini won games. So you could argue they made the right decision. People are questioning Frost because we lose.  A lot 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

At least Osborne and Pelini won games. So you could argue they made the right decision. People are questioning Frost because we lose.  A lot 

:movegoalpost:Nah the post I responded to was directly implying we have a bad coaching staff because the played an injured Martinez. Well, guess what they aren't even the first coaching staff here to play an injured Martinez. Its nothing new.

5 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

:movegoalpost:Nah the post I responded to was directly implying we have a bad coaching staff because the played an injured Martinez. Well, guess what they aren't even the first coaching staff here to play an injured Martinez. Its nothing new.

Where I take issue with playing an injured/hurt player is if it “affects your game plan” but then still run zone read with your hurt QB inside the 5, was that really your best option? So, which is it?

edit, to add: that’s not a direct counter to your point, but the type of stuff I see and hear that doesn’t add up

• Plus1 2
43 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Where I take issue with playing an injured/hurt player is if it “affects your game plan” but then still run zone read with your hurt QB inside the 5, was that really your best option? So, which is it?

edit, to add: that’s not a direct counter to your point, but the type of stuff I see and hear that doesn’t add up

I think it was pretty plain to see when TMart got injured that TA was in no way ready to start. TA still ended up being a decent qb, but wasn't ready then leaving TMart, if he could go was our best option. 

Same story with Smothers this year.

2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

IIRC, TF out with clots, BB playing, got another collapsed lung and in cam Turman, he got hurt, BB got treated at the 1/2 and came in.  And played Monte Cristo that year.....Not the same as trotting out a broken AM.....To played BB when TF was hurt.  That year TO had a developed group QB's.  Remember when we actually had depth?  And TO won.  A lot.  And Bo?  Yea, any monkey can win games?  And Riley?  Mr .500.....Yep, all with better records than Frost....

• Fire 1
53 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

My point being year 4 and name one position on O that has depth.  I'll wait.  Or better yet, I'll save time and say not one.  In year 4.  With a guy hired as an offensive guru.  I guy with all world accolades for his coaching acumen.  A guy who by his own admission, "doesn't pay attention to the defensive side".  So to be direct, to date, Frost blows as a CEO or HC......And yes, not having a serviceable QB to play better than an inured QB, that can't run (his biggest strength) with about 50% of the playbook should be a huge issue/concern.  And the fact people think Frost deserves more time would have grabbed torches and pitchforks if his name wasn't Frost. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, lo country said:

My point being year 4 and name one position on O that has depth.  I'll wait.  Or better yet, I'll save time and say not one.  In year 4.  With a guy hired as an offensive guru.  I guy with all world accolades for his coaching acumen.  A guy who by his own admission, "doesn't pay attention to the defensive side".  So to be direct, to date, Frost blows as a CEO or HC......And yes, not having a serviceable QB to play better than an inured QB, that can't run (his biggest strength) with about 50% of the playbook should be a huge issue/concern.  And the fact people think Frost deserves more time would have grabbed torches and pitchforks if his name wasn't Frost. 

He's developed three. One was developed so well he's a 2nd year starter for another team. 

Frost can't force them to stay.

13 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

He's developed three. One was developed so well he's a 2nd year starter for another team. 

Frost can't force them to stay.

Yep. At Rutgers.  And if Frost wasn't so loyal to AM, he might still be here.  And the QB he said was the future at QB?  He's at Louisville.  My bad Rice....... 211 yrds, 1 TD, 4 INT's....I get it.  You like Frost.  So do I.  I hope he succeeds here.  Hope he proves me wrong.  I just don't have blinder on to not see what he is and isn't.  And right now he is a craptastic coach.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I think it was pretty plain to see when TMart got injured that TA was in no way ready to start. TA still ended up being a decent qb, but wasn't ready then leaving TMart, if he could go was our best option. 

Same story with Smothers this year.

True. But now you’re making me realize that Bo also recruited Cody Green, Brion Carnes, Bubba, Jamal Turner, then finally TA.

Frost has been just as depressing when it comes to developing competition and depth. Outside of Gebbia, the other QB departures or rejection are on Frost and that is where we are left with a 3rd string QB as our backup. That’s not a knock against Smothers, just reality. 

None of this means I don’t want Frost as the coach, just where I’m frustrated with the state of the program.