Frost and AM talking about 2022

lo country

45 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

So is Smothers not even a choice to start, if AM doesn't return ? 

I keep seeing "portal" for our next Q/B. 

If Smothers isn't even in the running, can't see him sticking around. 

Then we have no proven back up, to whoever the starter is.

2022 is going to be ..........

GBR!!!

I mean we don't have a proven backup if Smothers and Adrian both return next year. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
27 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I mean we don't have a proven backup if Smothers and Adrian both return next year. 

Going into year 5 it is very evident how poorly the O staff has done.  No serviceable back up QB (or truly developed/improved returning starter) and no RB depth (or development) to speak of.  That staff should have been jettisoned after 2019.  

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Going into year 5 it is very evident how poorly the O staff has done.  No serviceable back up QB (or truly developed/improved returning starter) and no RB depth (or development) to speak of.  That staff should have been jettisoned after 2019.  

Which is part of why I was more for letting Frost go this year based on our results. The staff should have been revamped extensively after last year. 

• Plus1 3

18 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Which is part of why I was more for letting Frost go this year based on our results. The staff should have been revamped extensively after last year. 

Same.  Just another example of Frost being in over his head.  The inability to recognize (or address) issues with the satff.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedN said:

This makes perfect sense from the way that Frost and AM need to look at it.  These guys are married at the hip and are ONE.

If the problem has been "better coaches/talent/OL" for Frost/AM, that would be just fascinating on Frost's end since he was the one who compiled all of it [including AM].  In any event, I could "imagine" a really successful 2022 for Frost/AM with the schedule and a few tweaks along with AM just getting back to his strengths with minimal mistakes and improvement elsewhere and an easy schedule.  I'm all for it. 

I don't believe it or receive it but I would take that as an outcome.  I don't see any QB on the roster or in the country that will come in and outperform what AM could/would/should probably do.  If the right piece come to the OL to move Corcoran to Guard and the RB spot can produce a Breece Hall type runner next year ... sure. 

But again, that is all a pipedream from my eyeball.  To me, it's like Andy Dupresne talking about "hope" in Shawshank Redemption ... "it's just a BS word"!  Ha ha.

In any event, if that is what these two are conspiring/believing that my belief is that the Frost Effect will produce AM as his OC in 2023.  That would make perfect sense!  Ha ha.

Ha ha, I agree.

20 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Ultimately it is all on Scott.  If our AD didn't push the issue, would Frost had kept the same staff in 2022, 2023 and beyond?  My guess is that he would have - since we are 'so close'.   Arrogance blinds.  I hope HCSF has eaten some humble pie but his love affair wt AM and his reluctance to say we need large changes in offense scheme makes me pause.  I'm bracing myself for Helfrich being announced  as OC.  

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Ultimately it is all on Scott.  If our AD didn't push the issue, would Frost had kept the same staff in 2022, 2023 and beyond?  My guess is that he would have - since we are 'so close'.   Arrogance blinds.  I hope HCSF has eaten some humble pie but his love affair wt AM and his reluctance to say we need large changes in offense scheme makes me pause.  I'm bracing myself for Helfrich being announced  as OC.  

Please no.  Told a co-worker if he is announced that might make me walk away (not really), but that is how i'd feel.  Tells me Frost isn't serious about competing and winning.

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, lo country said:

I saw a link on the Journal, but its subscription only.  Said that Frost and AM have been talking about his future in 2022 “for a long time,” and “we’ll figure that out in about nine days.”......Unable to read more than the teaser.  Anyone hear/read anything?  Thoughts? 

This is all I found from Hail Varsity

>> Has Frost had any conversations with Adrian Martinez about the quarterback returning for another season in 2022? Those conversations have been happening quite a bit, Frost said, but no decision has been made yet.

“I want what’s best for him obviously. He’s poured a lot into this, I believe in him so much. I see him every day and I believe in him,” Frost said. “I think we can still get a lot better around him. Obviously, if he’s back, he’s going to have a new coach and some new ideas. We’ll figure that out in about nine days.”

To the "better around him"....Better coaches/talent/OL......

Will we know about AM and/or staff in 9 days?

"Scott Frost and pointing the finger, not the thumb"; name a more iconic duo. 

• Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Just my thought, but if it was Helfrich it probably would have been announced by now for recruiting since he's not coaching.

21 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

This is how I see it as well [holding nose].  Scott believes he still 1-2 players away ... as do those who are glad we stayed the course [as I see it].

• Plus1 2