Auschwitz Memorial

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I started following this yesterday on twitter to help them reach their goal and I'm always fascinated by WWII history.

It has hit me harder than I thought it would.

Anyone who denies this happened is a very very sick person.

You should make your way to Union Station in KC soon. They have a traveling exhibit now

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

You should make your way to Union Station in KC soon. They have a traveling exhibit now

We went last month.  One of the most moving things I've ever experienced.

Touching the actual concrete post with the barbed wire made me weep.  I'm getting teary eyed right now just remembering the moment.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, funhusker said:

We went last month.  One of the most moving things I've ever experienced.

Touching the actual concrete post with the barbed wire made me weep.  I'm getting teary eyed right now just remembering the moment.

Glad you liked it.  If you are a history buff, check out the Liberty Memorial if you haven’t already.  Tons of cool WW1 stuff. 

• Plus1 2

Growing up in Omaha, I had a number of Jewish friends.  It was fun to go to their bar mitsvahs.  I don't think any girls invited me to their bot mitsvahs because I was a total dork.

My wife grew up in Hastings, she told me that she didn't know any Jewish people growing up.

It's incredible that so many of that population was killed and had to escape their homeland because of one crazy leader.

On 1/7/2022 at 12:44 PM, teachercd said:

One of the ladies that came to speak was a badass...it was awesome.  

Some survivors came and spoke to us in high school and it was one of the most important things we did in my schooling. To hear their stories gave so much weight to what you read in your history book, and see the tattoos man the tattoo was so chilling.

Genuinely blessed to be old enough to hear from men and women that lived through WWII, both survivors and soldiers. Stories straight from the source that will be greatly missed by a new generation.

• Plus1 3