Wacky Political Ideas that might (or not) Work

Sometimes the best solutions come from brainstorming sessions in which wacky ideas are thrown on the wall and we watch to see what will stick.  After the discussion, a wacky idea may lead to a new creative thought and Bingo! Eureka! the solution is found.    So, I thought I'd start a thread just for people to throw their own wacky ideas on the wall or the wacky ideas they haver read/heard from others.

To get the conversation going - here is the wacky idea that came to me while taking a shower (yes the visual isn't that great but that is where I do my best thinking - ok wacky thinking as you will see below)

LETS MAKE MEXICO OUR 52nd STATE (after we make PR our 51st state).

Doing so solves a couple of problems.  It ends the debate about the boarder wall.  As I understand it, Mexico already has a good wall on their short southern boarder. That will end the debate and the cost about building an expensive boarder wall and end that endless debate.

The War on Drugs:  We could really go in wt our army and make it a real WAR.  No messing around wt govt programs when tanks can do better.  The US army would then be authorized to mount an actual war against the Drug Terrorists.  Root them out, destroy them and end the drug cartels once and for all.

Labor:  We don't have to worry about illegals, green cards, etc.  They would all be USA citizens.  We could create incentives for  businesses to move all foreign jobs back to the USA - to the state of Mexico - whereby we could raise wages and that would end the migration north.  

The Dems will be happy - they will get the vote of the PR state.  The GOP will be happy( if they change some policies & get rid of Trump) as the people of Mexico have more of that traditional 'family values' culture that the GOP tries to cater towards.

The SW USA is turning into North Mexico - let's remove the barriers.  

OK that is my wacky idea for the day.  What is yours?  Or maybe you have something creative that can be shared about my wacky idea above. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Sometimes the best solutions come from brainstorming sessions in which wacky ideas are thrown on the wall and we watch to see what will stick.  After the discussion, a wacky idea may lead to a new creative thought and Bingo! Eureka! the solution is found.    So, I thought I'd start a thread just for people to throw their own wacky ideas on the wall or the wacky ideas they haver read/heard from others.

To get the conversation going - here is the wacky idea that came to me while taking a shower (yes the visual isn't that great but that is where I do my best thinking - ok wacky thinking as you will see below)

LETS MAKE MEXICO OUR 52nd STATE (after we make PR our 51st state).

Doing so solves a couple of problems.  It ends the debate about the boarder wall.  As I understand it, Mexico already has a good wall on their short southern boarder. That will end the debate and the cost about building an expensive boarder wall and end that endless debate.

The War on Drugs:  We could really go in wt our army and make it a real WAR.  No messing around wt govt programs when tanks can do better.  The US army would then be authorized to mount an actual war against the Drug Terrorists.  Root them out, destroy them and end the drug cartels once and for all.

Labor:  We don't have to worry about illegals, green cards, etc.  They would all be USA citizens.  We could create incentives for  businesses to move all foreign jobs back to the USA - to the state of Mexico - whereby we could raise wages and that would end the migration north.  

The Dems will be happy - they will get the vote of the PR state.  The GOP will be happy( if they change some policies & get rid of Trump) as the people of Mexico have more of that traditional 'family values' culture that the GOP tries to cater towards.

OK that is my wacky idea for the day.  What is yours?  Or maybe you have something creative that can be shared about my wacky idea above. 

I'm more inclined to give Texas back to Mexico.  

• Oh Yeah! 1
19 hours ago, TGHusker said:

we got the northern half of mexico after the mexican american war.    california, texas and all the land in between them.   it was North Mexico.    

• Plus1 1

Just now, commando said:

we got the northern half of mexico after the mexican american war.    california, texas and all the land in between them.   it was North Mexico.    

Yes - agree sort of. James Bowie, William Travis and Davy Crockett say hi.  Granted, they fought for the independence of Texas years prior.  However there was a dispute on where the boarder was (which river) and Mexico didn't officially recognize Texas as sovereign.  Thus President Polk provoked Mexico into a war in which he annexed Texas and took over California, etc.  

One idea that sounds super wacky but I don't think is that wacky at all is a lottery voting/election system. Malcom Gladwell had an interesting podcast on the idea, and the main thought is that our historical model for electing government officials doesn't necessarily recognize and reward good leaders or strategists as much as it just rewards and recognizes charisma above all else.

A lottery system opens up the possibility for people who are brilliant and more importantly, very civic-minded with a pure desire to serve, to actually be able to effectively put their skills to use. The best form of it would probably have to be some combined multi-step process to make a pool of candidates small enough to a certain point before implementing this idea.

https://www.pushkin.fm/episode/the-powerball-revolution/

In Bolivia, a political activist radically reforms the voting process for... student council elections. Who else does he convince? Revisionist History. And maybe a fancy private school in New Jersey.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Combine the Dakotas into one state. Make DC a state. 

Logical and sane ideas that make too much sense for Washington politicians to follow through on.

Hey, I'm from SD.  Don't tread on me!! :D  But I understand your point.  Not much population there.  Could throw Mt and Wy in there and call it Dakota - which means 'friend'

DC should be a state as well as Puerto Rico

21 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Hey, I'm from SD.  Don't tread on me!! :D  But I understand your point.  Not much population there.  Could throw Mt and Wy in there and call it Dakota - which means 'friend'

DC should be a state as well as Puerto Rico

Well, if we combine the Dakotas and Wyoming and Montana to make two states out of four. Then, add DC and PR, we won’t need to change the flag. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, if we combine the Dakotas and Wyoming and Montana to make two states out of four. Then, add DC and PR, we won’t need to change the flag. 

very important consideration!  Montana and Wy make sense  - Call it Yellowstone

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1