Thundern' Bolts vs Northwestern State & UT Arlington in Arlington

59 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Honestly, I am not projecting a post season this year. Pitching depth is a real issue. Additionally, the lack of experience in the lineup will continue to hurt as well and the inevitable result of fewer runs scored will likely cost us games in the 8th & 9th.

Young team & early.  It's a little different standing in batting Cafe & seeing live pitching.  Hitting will come around. 

1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

Pitching depth is a real issue.

IDK about that. We just had 4 starters throw 26.1 giving up 2 earned runs this entire weekend. Olson and Ornelas have been solid BP arms. There's a ton of young arm talent, I've heard Jelkin is a top 3 arm on the team but just has figure out the off the field balance. I think the coaches have faith in Gomes, Bragg, Bradford all being factors in the pen as well. 

1 hour ago, Loebarth said:

I'm hoping the two of you @SouthLincoln Husker @FrantzHardySwag are right. I just don't have any confidence in any men's programs. Add in the loss of Bunz and no proven closer... Here's to hoping I'm completely off my rocker.

I think people were being a little unrealistic in the preseason when NU was picked to repeat in the Big Ten and host a regional in the NCAA's.  NU had too much to replace.  I think Bolt has brought in a good amount of talent and he seems like a good coach so far.  I am not sure what to expect this year from the baseball team, but I am more optimistic with them vs. the football or basketball teams.

• Plus1 2
On 3/6/2022 at 8:47 AM, Loebarth said:

Honestly, I am not projecting a post season this year. Pitching depth is a real issue. Additionally, the lack of experience in the lineup will continue to hurt as well and the inevitable result of fewer runs scored will likely cost us games in the 8th & 9th.

I'm going to withhold judgment for about a month.  It's always tricky for Northern teams opening up against teams in the South who get the ability to get outside far more often.  TCU is going to be a really tough out this year and Sam Houston St is always a fringe regional team.  Nebraska had to replace a ton of high end experienced guys which probably hurt them more than most.  Nebraska has a good test potentially this weekend against Long Beach State assuming the weather holds up.  In my opinion, first real test will be in a few weeks against Michigan.