Thought I’d start a topic where we can post/discuss things we’ve eaten or cooked or restaurant finds.

A local brunch restaurant, Doug’s Diner, has a bunch of delicious breakfast items. Today I tried their Drizzle Omelette;

Three egg omelette loaded with fresh spinach, diced tomato, blue cheese crumbles and slivered almonds, topped with fresh grated parmesan and a balsamic drizzle. Excellent…lots of strong flavors that are complimentary.

https://www.dougsdiner.com/

• Plus1 1

Looks like Doug's Diner has a few locations and there's one in Thornton, not too far away from me. Might have to try it out.

If anyone is in the Broomfield/Westminster area of Colorado, the Northside Tavern is a great restaurant. Everything I've had there has been super good, but the fish and chips is amazing. (And for me it's close enough to walk back to my house after some drinks.)

• Plus1 2
56 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Looks like Doug's Diner has a few locations and there's one in Thornton, not too far away from me. Might have to try it out.

If anyone is in the Broomfield/Westminster area of Colorado, the Northside Tavern is a great restaurant. Everything I've had there has been super good, but the fish and chips is amazing. (And for me it's close enough to walk back to my house after some drinks.)

Looks like a good menu, we’ll have to try it. We’re in that area often.

30 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Lincoln fine dining.

https://www.casabovina.com/

Lincoln fun dining.

https://www.yomuchacho.com/

Both very good.

Casabovina looks extremely good but ouch $$$$$. The grilled octopus, braised oxtail, veal chop or Chilean Sea Bass may be worth it tho.  Muchachos looks to be more my speed.  I will pass both of these on to my daughter who lives in Lincoln.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Casabovina looks extremely good but ouch $$$$$. The grilled octopus, braised oxtail, veal chop or Chilean Sea Bass may be worth it tho.  Muchachos looks to be more my speed.  I will pass both of these on to my daughter who lives in Lincoln.

Yeah, it's definitely not an every week type of place lol

She/you will love Muchachos 

• 2 weeks later...

Going to try something new this weekend. Bought some flanken style beef short ribs (beef short rib cut about 5/8” thick across the bones). They are heavily marbled. Think I’ll grill them about 3 minutes per side and baste with some bbq sauce with gochujang paste added for a Korean bbq kick. At least it sounds good now….:lol:

I really want to make an authentic korean bbq sauce but am going to cheat for now. Didn’t feel like rounding up all the oddball ingredients today.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Going to try something new this weekend. Bought some flanken style beef short ribs (beef short rib cut about 5/8” thick across the bones). They are heavily marbled. Think I’ll grill them about 3 minutes per side and baste with some bbq sauce with gochujang paste added for a Korean bbq kick. At least it sounds good now….:lol:

I really want to make an authentic korean bbq sauce but am going to cheat for now. Didn’t feel like rounding up all the oddball ingredients today.

Even buying the sauce or japanese bbq sauce is expensive. 

• Plus1 1
On 7/8/2022 at 10:13 AM, JJ Husker said:

Looks like a good menu, we’ll have to try it. We’re in that area often.

We've been to Doug's Diner in Thornton quite often, and we go to North Side Tavern in Broomfield all the time.  Both of those are within 5-10 minutes of our place.  Just don't come stalking for me, JJ.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

11 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

If you can cook steak make yourself some beef Bulgogi.  It's one of my favorite non traditional dishes.  Also Paella.  Lots of prep but it's a crowd pleaser.    Beef Bourguignon is pretty easy and tasty and sounds fancy.  

I really like beef bulgogi too. I’ve wanted to make paella for years but never have. I think it’s a few things stopping me 1-it looks like a lot of prep and a lot of items we don’t typically have on hand. 2- I’ve never had it so a little unsure and 3- there are so many different variations I’m not sure where to start. But it looks and sounds wonderful.

59 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I really like beef bulgogi too. I’ve wanted to make paella for years but never have. I think it’s a few things stopping me 1-it looks like a lot of prep and a lot of items we don’t typically have on hand. 2- I’ve never had it so a little unsure and 3- there are so many different variations I’m not sure where to start. But it looks and sounds wonderful.

I do two types.  A seafood with shrimp, scallops and mussels.  Then I do one with chicken, andouille sausage and shrimp.  I watched a YouTube video the 1st time and it came out really good so put it in the rotation when I want to impress someone lol

• Plus1 2
On 7/22/2022 at 1:43 PM, JJ Husker said:

The beef short ribs were money. I wouldn’t say they were very “Korean” but the bbq sauce was really good. Used mostly KC Masterpiece with about 25% Sweet Baby Rays (because I didn’t have enough KC :lol:) and then added about 3-4 TBS of gochujang and some orange peel. I usually add orange peel to my bbq sauce because it’s awesome but the spicy from the gochujang really kicked it up a notch.