NBA 2023-24

Shark Tanked - with Mark Cuban

Dallas goes from 4th/5th place in NBA playoff standings to eliminated from playoffs after a questionable trade with Brooklyn.

Retired FBI agent says Mark Cuban asked him to investigate NBA refs

The NBA wants to know why the Dallas Mavericks held out several key players in their next-to-last game of the season, even while the team still had a mathematical chance of making the play-in tournament.

NBA opens investigation into Dallas’ decision to sit players | NBA.com

“The NBA commenced an investigation today into the facts and circumstances surrounding the Dallas Mavericks’ roster decisions and game conduct with respect to last night’s Chicago Bulls-Mavericks game, including the motivations behind those actions,” league spokesman Mike Bass said.

Dallas coach Jason Kidd said before the game that the decision to sit players was made by “the organization,” and referenced it being made by his bosses — owner Mark Cuban and general manager Nico Harrison — after the game as well.

It is very odd that Kyrie Irving missed 8 games with Dallas - out of 28 games.  The Dallas reasons were organization's decision, rest days, and reported "foot soreness".  Luka also missed 6 of those games from thigh soreness.  The Mavs had the worst defense in league, and with their "losing ways" - they now have the 10th pick in the draft (protected!). 

When they traded for Krista Porzingas - they owed this year's 1st round pick to New York (but ONLY IF Dallas didn't finish with a lotto pick between 1-10th overall).  

I am glad NBA is investing Cuban.  Someone needs to.  He Shark Tanked us (fans and the team).

• Plus1 1

Cuban had them tank in order to get into the Wembanyama sweepstakes. I guess. 

But given this year's West, I think the play in teams clustered at the bottom could be spoilers. It's bad mojo to tell your team to stop trying that close. 

The truth is that Kyrie kinda poisons everything he touches.

• Plus1 2
16 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Cuban had them tank in order to get into the Wembanyama sweepstakes. I guess. 

But given this year's West, I think the play in teams clustered at the bottom could be spoilers. It's bad mojo to tell your team to stop trying that close. 

The truth is that Kyrie kinda poisons everything he touches.

Yeah some real shady ish that Cuban and staff are trying to pull.   Not sure if the NBA will be able to get enough evidence to corroborate what we all know happened though.

Kinda?   I think he full on douses everything he touches in arsenic.    I'm so glad the Lakers didn't get him at the deadline.  And I really hope we don't go all in on him this off season.

For the playoffs, if it can't be the Lakers, please let it be anyone but the dirty c-bags.    This Kings/Warriors should be a lot of fun.   Some nice side plots with Mike Brown and Harrison Barnes trying to beat their former team.    And the Kings getting disrespected, I think the Warriors are the biggest favorite in the 1st round.  Which is crazy for a 6th seed to be that big of a favorite.

• Plus1 1

Just when I think that Draymond could not be any more of a punk, he goes out and surprises me. Yes, I saw the ankle grab, but his reaction was over the top, like it usually is. And his antics and behavior after it happened just sealed the deal. I am really enjoying how GS fans are trying to justify this. If they happen to get swept by the Kings, my heart would grow three sizes that day. 

• Plus1 2

I like this Sacramento Kings team.  From the 6 or 7 games I saw them play this season, they got great offense, play well on the road, and at least an average defense.  

I never understood why Golden State was getting so much love and hype going into the playoffs, especially with a terrible road record, and seeing how Sacramento is a tough 1st round matchup vs anyone in the West.

But I get it though... the media (and NBA) loves to give respect to the former champs that have been winning a bunch of championships, soo....  And they also love LA Lakers - especially after the trade - and the Phoenix Suns - after their trade too.  

The West should be fun to see how it all plays out !  I'm enjoying these playoff matchups !

PS: Denver - no love;  Sacramento - no love; Minnesota - no love

PPS:  If Clippers somehow beat Phoenix, the whole NBA will retract and say they knew they would because Phoenix blah blah blah (same thing goes for Lakers and Golden State)

• Plus1 1

My point or personal big beef is that, when a team is winning or won, the "Story" from the game should mostly be focused on the team that won, how they won, and how good they played.  

The past 15-20 years of NBA coverage, ESPN and other channels (Networks) do the opposite... they will talk non-stop coverage about the team that lost (Lakers, Warriors, etc) and you don't get to enjoy what really happened.... the underdog beat the media's favorite.

Like, give the other team it's props.  Give the winning team it's respect and time to recap what they did.

Not everybody is all in on the favorites.  

• TBH 1

Took awhile to put my head around this, but truth is that Draymond Green is a pretty cool dude, very nice guy - off the court.  (From podcast that I have seen).

On the court, he a whiny dirty lil b!^@h lololol

He understands that's how he get that NBA green (paper - checks).  Someone has to be that bad guy. 

He would have easily fit in with the Detroit Piston's "Bad Boys" mentality on the court.  

• suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24