NBA 2023-24

14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

As a Warriors fan I'm not looking forward to it either.

From everything I've read about the new Suns owner.....he's a really good guy. 

Yeah, it definitely sounds like it. A welcome change after the human piece of garbage that was the previous owner, that's for sure. 

54 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Denver is healthy. They have more than a legitimate shot. They mesh better than any team in the West. 

Yeah. We’ll find out for sure. This is their best team ever, and winning a title is never easy. I’d like the nuggets to flip bones for Caruso. Give them 5 legit wing defenders to throw at Dallas, Memphis and Phoenix.  Deadline is at 1 pm mountain time today. 

• 2 weeks later...

McClung has gotten lots of tryouts, G-League and summer league play. He's always a fan favorite and a highlight machine, not just flashy but court smart. He's actually a bit of a legend despite or because of never quite making the NBA roster. I think he's eligible to play for the Sixers right now.

I don't always watch these guys on defense. I've come to learn that coaches watch different things than I do. Maybe McClung can't hang with the guys he'd have to guard. 

In other news, All-Star Coach Mark Malone declared this years All-Star Game the worst game of basketball ever played. He really did. 

On 2/24/2023 at 6:28 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

McClung has gotten lots of tryouts, G-League and summer league play. He's always a fan favorite and a highlight machine, not just flashy but court smart. He's actually a bit of a legend despite or because of never quite making the NBA roster. I think he's eligible to play for the Sixers right now.

I don't always watch these guys on defense. I've come to learn that coaches watch different things than I do. Maybe McClung can't hang with the guys he'd have to guard. 

There are guys that travel around as professional dunkers that can do incredible things, but would get wiped on a court with even division 1 college players.  And1 tour is full of great high school and AAU players that will never sniff the NBA.  McClung isn't really an anomaly.  Was a dominant high school player and has some insane athletic ability.  I imagine being barely 6'2 would cause issues not just defensively, but offensively in the NBA unless you had insane range or quickness.

On 2/24/2023 at 6:28 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

In other news, All-Star Coach Mark  Michael Malone declared this years All-Star Game the worst game of basketball ever played. He really did. 

FIFY

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I don't follow the NBA much but it doesn't seem like Dame gets as much credit as he probably deserves.

Probably because he's stayed in one place and been stuck on a lot of mediocre-at-best teams instead of chasing better places to play.

I think he's pretty recognized for how good he is.  He's kind of an anomaly.  He hasn't forced Portland's hand to trade him, even though no one, including most of their fans, would blame him at this point.  Even his Dame Time celebration is pretty low key, never bothered me.  Steph's 'Go to Sleep' on the other hand...

• TBH 1

I still do not understand why Mark Cuban traded for Kyrie Irving.  Did he just want Dallas in the news for a week or two?  Has he never learned over the last 20+ years?  

The team was lacking some inside bigs, as they always have (with the lone exception being Tyson Chandler after years of Dirk Nowitzki begging for a rim protector).  

They are 3-5 since the trade.  They have 2 dominating ball handers (Luka & Kyrie) and only one basketball.  It might work out occasionally on a night, but it is worse than before the trade.  Cuban is a fool when it comes to bball IQ, and so was his previous GM (Nellie JR) and his current GM and his analytics guy.  SMDH again :facepalm:

2 hours ago, admo said:

I still do not understand why Mark Cuban traded for Kyrie Irving.  Did he just want Dallas in the news for a week or two?  Has he never learned over the last 20+ years?  

The team was lacking some inside bigs, as they always have (with the lone exception being Tyson Chandler after years of Dirk Nowitzki begging for a rim protector).  

They are 3-5 since the trade.  They have 2 dominating ball handers (Luka & Kyrie) and only one basketball.  It might work out occasionally on a night, but it is worse than before the trade.  Cuban is a fool when it comes to bball IQ, and so was his previous GM (Nellie JR) and his current GM and his analytics guy.  SMDH again :facepalm:

I'm just glad he did, so the Lakers didn't fall on that sword.   Love what the Lakers were able to receive after yeeting out Russ.   Now if they could figure out a way to stay off the IR, it would be even better.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24