NBA 2023-24

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No thoughts on the playoffs?

The upsets in the making?

The key players going down?

The rampant nut-punching? 

I'm trying to savor it and not jinx anything.   I will say Jimmy FREAKING Butler has been a joy to watch so far in these playoffs.   And I think I'm around 8+ nut punches (and Embiid kick) so far, that seems really excessive and sudden.

I hope the injury to Fox doesn't derail what has been a very entertaining series so far, maybe the best 1st round series this year.

• Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Very happy that the Nuggets advanced, despite playing some pretty lousy basketball at times. I will say that the inconsistent officiating has been very frustrating. I still don't understand how Joel wasn't suspended...

Right!   Joel flagrant 1, Harden flagrant 2.   Joel's was much worse.   Then we have Brooks get a flagrant 2 and JJJ get a common foul.   All of these for some attempted hostile nut action.   IMO Joel and  Brooks were the worst, and should have been flagrant 2, Harden and JJJ should both have been flagrant 1 as these were not 'basketball moves'.    Next round should be interesting.   Suns/Nuggets can be a great series.   Suns have no depth, I expect Nuggets to grind it out, make it physical and and just wear down the Suns.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, sho said:

Right!   Joel flagrant 1, Harden flagrant 2.   Joel's was much worse.   Then we have Brooks get a flagrant 2 and JJJ get a common foul.   All of these for some attempted hostile nut action.   IMO Joel and  Brooks were the worst, and should have been flagrant 2, Harden and JJJ should both have been flagrant 1 as these were not 'basketball moves'.    Next round should be interesting.   Suns/Nuggets can be a great series.   Suns have no depth, I expect Nuggets to grind it out, make it physical and and just wear down the Suns.

Could not be more on the same page! I can't stand watching Joel play, and as an ASU guy, I want to support Harden, but I'm tired of him too. I'm nervous about the Suns series. I hate that team after living there for a long time (but my wife loves them, so that will be fun), and the thought of losing to Booker and CP3 nauseates me. 

Also, "attempted hostile nut action" had me rolling. 

8 minutes ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Could not be more on the same page! I can't stand watching Joel play, and as an ASU guy, I want to support Harden, but I'm tired of him too. I'm nervous about the Suns series. I hate that team after living there for a long time (but my wife loves them, so that will be fun), and the thought of losing to Booker and CP3 nauseates me. 

Also, "attempted hostile nut action" had me rolling. 

Booker is the only one that really irks me.  I have historically liked the Suns.  Loved the Barkely/Majerle teams and the Nash/Stoudamire clubs.  I like Monty Williams.  CP3 flops can get tiresome, but he's been a good-great player for a long time and plays both ends of the floor.  Not really a Durant hater either.  Something about Booker and how he only seems to jaw when his team is up 20 triggers the hell out of me, for some reason.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Booker is the only one that really irks me.  I have historically liked the Suns.  Loved the Barkely/Majerle teams and the Nash/Stoudamire clubs.  I like Monty Williams.  CP3 flops can get tiresome, but he's been a good-great player for a long time and plays both ends of the floor.  Not really a Durant hater either.  Something about Booker and how he only seems to jaw when his team is up 20 triggers the hell out of me, for some reason.

Booker antics drive me nuts....CP3 historically is one of the craftiest and dirtiest players of this generation...I agree on Monty, and I like Ayton and his throwback style and not being a stretch 5.   KD is KD, I know people don't like him for forcing his way out of a potential dynasty in OKC to join the Warriors and then forcing his way out of their for the ish-show that was the Nets, but he is a generational talent and makes every team he's on dangerous.   Overall, I have no ill-feelings for them or the Nuggets.  Watching the Suns, I was surprised at how little depth they have after the KD trade and don't think KD or CP3 will be able to stay healthy for a Finals run in a conference that's so deep with talent.   I think Denver wins in 5, all games close, but I just think Denver has more tools and will just exhaust the Suns.

And the East, the dirty c-bags have an easier path now that the Bucks are all but eliminated.   I don't think the 6ers will be able to handle them in a 7 game series.   Should be a fun blast from the past as we get the Lakers/filthy c-bags going for banner 18 in June.

On 4/26/2023 at 11:59 AM, AZRaiderH8r said:

Very happy that the Nuggets advanced, despite playing some pretty lousy basketball at times. I will say that the inconsistent officiating has been very frustrating. I still don't understand how Joel wasn't suspended...

NBA is ridiculous and all about creating their entertainment. 

2006 Jerry Stackhouse was given a flagrant foul call on Shaq O'Neal (Miami) during game 4 of the finals.  He wasn't ejected from game.  But somehow the NBA suspended him for game 5 by reviewing it again the following day - and he was the Mavs top scorer off the bench (16ppg).  But also, in game 1 Shaq fouled Stackhouse so hard it required stitches - and nothing happened.

The Embid foul should have been a flagrant and ejection during the game.  That's the only way you can review if suspension of a future game is warranted or not.  And the blew it.  

NBA is this weird, fraudulent game and manipulated entertainment.  It has been for decades since David Stern wanted it that way. 

• TBH 1
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24