NBA 2023-24

On 1/5/2024 at 1:04 AM, The Murphinator said:

This Jokic guy pretty good at basketball.

Amazing

"He's still not as good as Durant. KD is the best MVP of all time.  And then Embiid, Lillard and Dame.  Even Booker and Tatum are better than Joker and Luka "

990575f75fbda1feb4d6ddd3f7a09621

• 3 weeks later...

Mavs' Luka Doncic dazzles with 73, tied for 4th in NBA history

img_3547.png

Sports Illustrated (SI.com) - 

‘Disgraceful!’ Stephen A. Smith Foolishly Discredits Luka Doncic 73-Point Game

The day after Dallas Mavericks superstar Luka Doncic did something we haven’t seen in nearly two decades, ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith stirred the pot by trying to discredit the performance … but that’s not how history works.

“What transpired last night in Atlanta was disgraceful,” Smith said. “Don't tell me anybody wants that. … The Hawks, you should be ashamed of your damn self.”

“Let's not go overboard with this. The fans want this? No, the league wanted it,” Smith said on an NBA on ESPN segment. “Did you see that? I mean, that was a layup line. That was the Atlanta Hawks. No wonder why y'all stink. Did you see how they played defense last night? I mean, this is not Joel Embiid who played bully ball because you know what, you have a thin Victor Wembanyama on you. We understand that, we expect that.” 

Lots of talk here locally (very one-sided, obviously) about Embiid once again dodging the Nuggets for the game here in Denver. I'm just curious what everyone else thinks about the situation. Nuggets fans have strong opinions about him not playing in Denver since 2019, especially with this most recent game. What do people from other fan bases think? I'd be really interested to hear the Philly fan take on this.

4 hours ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Lots of talk here locally (very one-sided, obviously) about Embiid once again dodging the Nuggets for the game here in Denver. I'm just curious what everyone else thinks about the situation. Nuggets fans have strong opinions about him not playing in Denver since 2019, especially with this most recent game. What do people from other fan bases think? I'd be really interested to hear the Philly fan take on this.

The issue I have with him not playing this game was that he wasn't on the injury report and was pulled 5 minutes before the game. Honestly think he doesn't like or want to play in altitude. He also doesn't play in Utah too often. His knee has been bothering him, but he has been playing on it against the bad teams so...

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
12 hours ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

I actually felt bad for Philly fans in Denver  that paid money to see him in uniform. As a nugs fan, if you want to gift us a free win at home every year, fine by me. West us tough and we need the help 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I actually felt bad for Philly fans in Denver  that paid money to see him in uniform. As a nugs fan, if you want to gift us a free win at home every year, fine by me. West us tough and we need the help 

I completely agree. I like what the NBA has done to remove players from award contention if they miss too many games, but it's crazy they have to go to those measures. I hate to be get off my lawn guy, but back in my day, players just didn't miss games like they do today. The Pistons beat the living hell out of MJ, and he didn't take games off for it. Just a different game back then. 

Also, nice win against the Bucks last night!

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
On 1/29/2024 at 12:25 PM, The Murphinator said:

The issue I have with him not playing this game was that he wasn't on the injury report and was pulled 5 minutes before the game. Honestly think he doesn't like or want to play in altitude. He also doesn't play in Utah too often. His knee has been bothering him, but he has been playing on it against the bad teams so...

It could be, but I think he might have a bad night playing Jokic and if he scores just 18-23 points during a blowout, it affects his scoring title chances.  That, and he is just a big pu&&y.  They are everywhere in the league today.