NBA 2023-24

On 1/30/2024 at 5:16 PM, admo said:

It could be, but I think he might have a bad night playing Jokic and if he scores just 18-23 points during a blowout, it affects his scoring title chances.  That, and he is just a big pu&&y.  They are everywhere in the league today.  

Am I calling LeBron James a pu&&y for consistently over-acting when fouled?

I guess I am.

https://youtu.be/AkZN9WfM6QA

• Plus1 1

21 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Am I calling LeBron James a pu&&y for consistently over-acting when fouled?

I guess I am.

https://youtu.be/AkZN9WfM6QA

That's...... incredible.  SMH

Funny how strong LeBron is on fast breaks and trucking defenders his entire career. 

It's really sad seeing this.  It's like someone made contact with his shoulder, but also shot his dog and stole his lunch money. And Lebron was just lying on the floor, grieving.  

It also doesn't look good for the NBA and officials when he takes 3 steps traveling and everyone looks away. 

NBA super star privilege is a real thing 

• TBH 1
20 hours ago, admo said:

That's...... incredible.  SMH

Funny how strong LeBron is on fast breaks and trucking defenders his entire career. 

It's really sad seeing this.  It's like someone made contact with his shoulder, but also shot his dog and stole his lunch money. And Lebron was just lying on the floor, grieving.  

It also doesn't look good for the NBA and officials when he takes 3 steps traveling and everyone looks away. 

NBA super star privilege is a real thing 

This flop against Jokic is even worse. I don't know how LeBron keeps his man card after this. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=LeBron+James+worst+flop&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS1064US1065&oq=lebron&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqCAgAEEUYJxg7MggIABBFGCcYOzIICAEQRRgnGDsyBggCEEUYOTIGCAMQRRhAMhIIBBAuGBQYgwEYhwIYsQMYgAQyBggFEEUYPTIGCAYQRRg9MgYIBxBFGDyoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:b354aec4,vid:h8tXMuqUu_o,st:0

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I remember that and not only was he a damn flopper, but to hear Mark Jackson, representing as an NBA analyst, representing ESPN, and as a former player and coach - Mark Jackson says "but the question is, before he embellished it was there legitimate contact before he sold it"

I hate when you see something with your eyes, the player and crowd sees the same thing...and the broadcast crew tries to give you some gray area and support towards the officials.  Telling the fans watching the game that you didn't see what you just saw.  Super slow motion replay "obvious foul, yeah it was a good call".  And you are left thinking "What? that's just normal contact.  That is not an "obvious foul" or even a foul.  It's just contact.  

I mean, broadcasters do like rubbing elbows with players and getting kickbacks from players, and get paid by ESPN/TNT/FOX to agree with "the league" and protect certain players (LeBron, KD, Booker, Embiid, etc) or coaches (Prime Sanders)  

The NBA has no defense today, but it is more exciting scoring wise.  

The NBA has way more athletic players taller than 6'7 running the floor and shooting 3's (including stretch forwards since Dirk Nowitzki made it a thing).

And the NBA can be really fun to watch.

But the NBA is not the same.  And I just wish the league and officials could realize that you can have physical contact without it being called a foul.  And stop the flopping.  And stop helping the "super stars" get to the free throw line when they start off having terrible shooting nights in the first half.

23 hours ago, admo said:

I remember that and not only was he a damn flopper, but to hear Mark Jackson, representing as an NBA analyst, representing ESPN, and as a former player and coach - Mark Jackson says "but the question is, before he embellished it was there legitimate contact before he sold it"

I hate when you see something with your eyes, the player and crowd sees the same thing...and the broadcast crew tries to give you some gray area and support towards the officials.  Telling the fans watching the game that you didn't see what you just saw.  Super slow motion replay "obvious foul, yeah it was a good call".  And you are left thinking "What? that's just normal contact.  That is not an "obvious foul" or even a foul.  It's just contact.  

I mean, broadcasters do like rubbing elbows with players and getting kickbacks from players, and get paid by ESPN/TNT/FOX to agree with "the league" and protect certain players (LeBron, KD, Booker, Embiid, etc) or coaches (Prime Sanders)  

The NBA has no defense today, but it is more exciting scoring wise.  

The NBA has way more athletic players taller than 6'7 running the floor and shooting 3's (including stretch forwards since Dirk Nowitzki made it a thing).

And the NBA can be really fun to watch.

But the NBA is not the same.  And I just wish the league and officials could realize that you can have physical contact without it being called a foul.  And stop the flopping.  And stop helping the "super stars" get to the free throw line when they start off having terrible shooting nights in the first half.

Are your mavs gonna get it together soon? Lot of good teams in the west and not sure Luka’s gonna like being a lottery team 2 years in a row. 

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Are your mavs gonna get it together soon? Lot of good teams in the west and not sure Luka’s gonna like being a lottery team 2 years in a row. 

Thanks for asking, but No and they will barely make the playoffs and get ousted in round 1.  

Yes the West looks great, and I love seeing so many good teams playing well.

As for the Mavs, it's hard to win when you have a starting 5 that is 6'8 Luka at PG, 6'11" rookie center Lively, and the other 3 starters are just 6'5 or 6'6" (PF/SF/SG).   

When Kyrie Irving returns the lineup gets even smaller.  There still isn't a backup banger at Center and no true power forward.  They don't have average-to-good defenders.  So all they can to do is shoot a lot from the perimeter, take it to the paint and try to outscore you.  Not a great formula if you ask me, and I doubt anyone in the West is concerned about playing them.  It's only fun when it works every other night, or if Luka goes off, or if Kyrie can play and help, and if they get Lively involved inside on OOPS.  

I do think they make the playoff.  Luka is too good and he wants to win so badly more than anything.  He really isn't about numbers.  He just accumulates them and is a top 5 player in the league.  So the Mavs have a chance because of that.

But according to some with voices, Kyrie Irving is the best player on the team, according to Kendrick Perkins, Skip Bayless, Mark Jackson and Stephen A. Smith.   I don't agree though and it's not even close.

Kyrie needs to eventually play though.  He always misses games. And they play rusty when he comes back here and there.  

They didn't make it to playoffs last year because of Cuban trading for Kyrie.  It's well documented the Mavs were sitting in 4th-5th place before trading for Irving.  And it fell apart.  Even Luka got hurt down the stretch.  

I do like Irving and early in the year before getting hurt, he was fitting in like a true #2 star player.  Mavs were playing real good.  And if Luka missed games, Irving could be the super star for those nights.  

12 minutes ago, admo said:

Thanks for asking, but No and they will barely make the playoffs and get ousted in round 1.  

Yes the West looks great, and I love seeing so many good teams playing well.

As for the Mavs, it's hard to win when you have a starting 5 that is 6'8 Luka at PG, 6'11" rookie center Lively, and the other 3 starters are just 6'5 or 6'6" (PF/SF/SG).   

When Kyrie Irving returns the lineup gets even smaller.  There still isn't a backup banger at Center and no true power forward.  They don't have average-to-good defenders.  So all they can to do is shoot a lot from the perimeter, take it to the paint and try to outscore you.  Not a great formula if you ask me, and I doubt anyone in the West is concerned about playing them.  It's only fun when it works every other night, or if Luka goes off, or if Kyrie can play and help, and if they get Lively involved inside on OOPS.  

I do think they make the playoff.  Luka is too good and he wants to win so badly more than anything.  He really isn't about numbers.  He just accumulates them and is a top 5 player in the league.  So the Mavs have a chance because of that.

But according to some with voices, Kyrie Irving is the best player on the team, according to Kendrick Perkins, Skip Bayless, Mark Jackson and Stephen A. Smith.   I don't agree though and it's not even close.

Kyrie needs to eventually play though.  He always misses games. And they play rusty when he comes back here and there.  

I think Luka gets worn out.  I do believe (just my opinion) that his usage rate as a point guard can be detrimental to the flow of an offense, but with the Mavs supporting cast being so inconsistent, I can't really blame him.  We'll see how things evolve in the next few years.

• Oh Yeah! 1
5 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I think Luka gets worn out.  I do believe (just my opinion) that his usage rate as a point guard can be detrimental to the flow of an offense, but with the Mavs supporting cast being so inconsistent, I can't really blame him.  We'll see how things evolve in the next few years.

I like a healthy Denver to repeat.  At least making it to the Finals.  Got some other good teams in the West this year so it will be exciting.

East will be Milw & Boston.  I'm okay with those 3 favorites playing for it all.  But of course we shall see 2 new teams hanging with them towards the WCF and ECF.  Basketball is really fun at that time.  1st round is a waste.  Even the 2nd round of playoffs should be best of 5.  Stop dragging on the inevitable.

Luka is playing in his 6th year.  Going to All-Star again.  He's just 24.  People forget that.  Will have a bday soon this year.

LeBron, Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Giannis, Embiid, Harden, Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard, Damian Lilliard, Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook, Clay Thomspon, Draymond Green, Chris Paul - all 29, 30, 32, 33 to 35 to 39 years old.  Jokic is 28. Booker is 27.  

In 4 to 5 years when Luka is 28 or 29, he'll be in a great position to win a championship.

On Mambacita Day (02/08/24--Gigi/Kobe/Kobe for those not getting why) the Lakers are unveiling the Kobe statue outside of Staples. I haven't actively looked, but I'm surprised I haven't seen a leak of what the statue will look like. I'm sure it'll be an emotional night for the Lakers fans in attendance and the players.

• 2 weeks later...