Locks of the Weak 2022

On 11/5/2022 at 5:03 PM, admo said:

12-17-1

Notre Dame getting just 4 :facepalm: (+4) against Clemson 

Louisville favored by just 7 :facepalm: (-7) against Old Dominion

Miami Hurricanes +7.5 vs Florida State

I hate my picks

14-18-1 you big dummy !!!! Errbody knew FSU lololololol

I can't bet TCU.  But I do sit back and watch them... and smile how it unfolds for them each week.

This will be their 5th game vs a team ranked in top 20.

What amazes me is that they be trailing these games, don't care, and find a way to win.  I am not sure Texas is ready to be a team that can play from behind like TCU has done.  Most teams can't.

After Nebraska got curb stomped by OU, the Sooners (top 10 at the time) got destroyed by TCU.  :blink:

The following week, on the road, TCU goes toe-to-toe with Kansas (ranked 19th - yes they were playing great!) and won by a TD.

Then TCU plays Oklahoma State (another top 20 team ranked).  They trail 30-16! with a minute left in the 3rd quarter, and win 43-40 :blink:

TCU then trailed a hot Kansas State  team by 11 (also ranked).... and TCU won by 10 :blink:

I keep expecting the other shoe to fall, but so far, it appears TCU just knows how to play when trailing in games, and closes them out with wins.

Been pretty cool to see IMHO

23 hours ago, admo said:

I can't bet TCU.  But I do sit back and watch them... and smile how it unfolds for them each week.

This will be their 5th game vs a team ranked in top 20.

What amazes me is that they be trailing these games, don't care, and find a way to win.  I am not sure Texas is ready to be a team that can play from behind like TCU has done.  Most teams can't.

After Nebraska got curb stomped by OU, the Sooners (top 10 at the time) got destroyed by TCU.  :blink:

The following week, on the road, TCU goes toe-to-toe with Kansas (ranked 19th - yes they were playing great!) and won by a TD.

Then TCU plays Oklahoma State (another top 20 team ranked).  They trail 30-16! with a minute left in the 3rd quarter, and win 43-40 :blink:

TCU then trailed a hot Kansas State  team by 11 (also ranked).... and TCU won by 10 :blink:

I keep expecting the other shoe to fall, but so far, it appears TCU just knows how to play when trailing in games, and closes them out with wins.

Been pretty cool to see IMHO

Texas is going to beat TCU pretty comfortably I think this week.  Huge step up in class for TCU.  I laid Texas -7 earlier this week and feel great about my bet.  TCU has been an awesome story and I couldn't be happier for Duggan sticking around and grinding it out.  Patterson being at Texas doesn't help but more importantly, Quentin Johnston, TCU's all world WR is banged up and even if he plays, he's going to be limited. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Texas is going to beat TCU pretty comfortably I think this week.  Huge step up in class for TCU.  I laid Texas -7 earlier this week and feel great about my bet.  TCU has been an awesome story and I couldn't be happier for Duggan sticking around and grinding it out.  Patterson being at Texas doesn't help but more importantly, Quentin Johnston, TCU's all world WR is banged up and even if he plays, he's going to be limited. 

Ewers is playing pretty good so far, as expected, so nothing would surprise me. Could be a Longhorn type of game.  But with TCU.... you never know.  And that's my point.

PS.  What Sonny did at SMU is so amazing and incredible with that program, that most people don't understand or care, because they weren't around it week to week.  Now Dykes got the Frogs going and going and going.  TCU was not projected above 4th in conference.  Pretty amazing to watch the Frogs stack win after win. 

Sadly, if you are from the Big12 and not the brand of OU or Texas, the Mountain to climb to reach the top 5 needs everybody else to lose, and then some.  

And if you lose a game, Ray Guy can't punt you out as far as the polls will. 

The polls need teams like TCU or Baylor or Oklahoma State or Kansas State or even Cincinnati to be better than perfect.  Which isn't the same given consideration for SEC teams (brand) when one loses (Bama or Georgia for example) and another wins (Hello Tennessee or Ole Miss or Kentucky or Miss State or LSU or Florida).  

#Top 10

#Name Brand/Blue Bloods

#Seen it before

#Nothing changes