Who should our next HC be?

2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

It will always need both. Bc you can coach all day long but if you dont have enough talent then you can only get so far. You would think with all the hype that Kansas got with winning and being ranked that the recruiting class would be better then what it is.

You might expect that.  It doesn't mean that it's realistic, as @ColoradoHusk pointed out.

That just tells me 2 things that recruits may not care about Kansas football or Kansas doesn't necessarily believe in getting better recruits and we will coach them up. 

I'll take false dichotomies for $1000, Alex.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

No I call bs. They gained the hype when they got to be 4-0 and then playing Iowa State and then playing TCU. If I remember correctly they were ranked when they versed Iowa State. 

Even if it was 3 weeks ago, coaches start developing relationships with recruits months ago. It’s unrealistic to for Leipold and his staff to say to top recruits “look out for us, we are gonna be pretty good this year” when those recruits haven’t seen it and Kansas football has no “brand name” to fall back on. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yes, Kansas is coming back to earth, that doesn’t mean that Leipold isn’t a good coach who can still do good things at Kansas.  He’s being competitive against conference teams, with now his backup QB (they were still underdogs against OU).  I think he will want to stick it out there for a while, especially if they give him a raise and contract extension. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Even if it was 3 weeks ago, coaches start developing relationships with recruits months ago. It’s unrealistic to for Leipold and his staff to say to top recruits “look out for us, we are gonna be pretty good this year” when those recruits haven’t seen it and Kansas football has no “brand name” to fall back on. 

I understand your point but the coach can point to his success as a coach in order to get better results. Hey I need you as a football player on my team, this team may not be the best on paper but look at my results as a coach. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, Kansas is coming back to earth, that doesn’t mean that Leipold isn’t a good coach who can still do good things at Kansas.  He’s being competitive against conference teams, with now his backup QB (they were still underdogs against OU).  I think he will want to stick it out there for a while, especially if they give him a raise and contract extension. 

I never said Leipold wasn't a good coach I just don't think he is a good enough coach for Nebraska even if we have a worst record right now then them.  Kansas was smart to hire him bc even a former national championship coach couldn't bring enough talent in to win on a year to year basis.

• Haha 1

I never said Leipold wasn't a good coach I just don't think he is a good enough coach for Nebraska even if we have a worst record right now then them.  Kansas was smart to hire him bc even a former national championship coach couldn't bring enough talent in to win on a year to year basis.

I just think the whole idea of a solid coach “not being good enough for Nebraska” is lame because Nebraska has sucked the past 8 years. We haven’t even been average. We have totally sucked. Maybe let’s just try being a good program for a few years.

• Fire 2
  • TBH 1
18 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

No I call bs. They gained the hype when they got to be 4-0 and then playing Iowa State and then playing TCU. If I remember correctly they were ranked when they versed Iowa State. 

So your in-your-face argument is "it wasn't two weeks ago, it was three."

Wow.  You really won that one.

:facepalm:

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

He has won more games already this year than they did in the two years before he got there.

He has won as many conference games already this year as they did in the four years before he got there.

People are trying really hard to avoid giving him any credit.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1