Who should our next HC be?

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Why would Heupel leave Tennessee?

Lincoln is closer to Aberdeen than Knoxville.  Duh.

Winning the big 10 west is easier too.

He wouldnt leave, just a pipedream.  

Since hes a Sooner and if it didnt work out, we could all.assume he did it to further ruin Nebraska 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So Kansas is now 5-2... Leipold just gave up 52 points and 700+ yards of offense to OU... still want him?

I'd be happy w/ him. Don't think Trev will even reach out, though.

Why do you think that is? I am curious to know what people have against Bielema. What he has done with Illinois in his second year is really impressive. He also has great assistant coaches and his defense is ranked among the top in FBS.

We keep going over the same HC candidates. Whoever that is needs to build the lines. Who are the best OL and DL coaches out there and do any of our HC’s have ability to bring them in?

The trenches are where we will know if we can play for championships again. We have played so poorly there for years. A guy may flash for a game or two but the units as a whole have been dismal.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
5 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

We keep going over the same HC candidates. Whoever that is needs to build the lines. Who are the best OL and DL coaches out there and do any of our HC’s have ability to bring them in?

The trenches are where we will know if we can play for championships again. We have played so poorly there for years. A guy may flash for a game or two but the units as a whole have been dismal.

The 500 mile and in-state talent is where NU needs to hit in recruiting and development. For whatever reason, this has been a complete whiff for nearly a decade. 

16 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Does your point include Texas A&M being 3-3 with 56 4-5 star players and Illinois being 6-1 with 8 4-5 star players or do you only count that when it's convenient for you?

It's a combination of coaching and talent. There will always be exceptions but for the most part, talent matters. I'm certainly not blaming him for not being able to recruit top talent to Kansas. But what it tells me is that he wouldn't be able to recruit top talent here, either. Looking forward to what folks are saying when KU finishes 7-5 or similar.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It's a combination of coaching and talent. There will always be exceptions but for the most part, talent matters. I'm certainly not blaming him for not being able to recruit top talent to Kansas. But what it tells me is that he wouldn't be able to recruit top talent here, either. Looking forward to what folks are saying when KU finishes 7-5 or similar.

People will say great job with what you had come to Nebraska bc of (better resources).