Who should our next HC be?

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It's a combination of coaching and talent.

Exactly.  So if he's succeed with almost no talent, that's pretty good coaching.

There will always be exceptions but for the most part, talent matters. I'm certainly not blaming him for not being able to recruit top talent to Kansas.

You literally just did.

But what it tells me is that he wouldn't be able to recruit top talent here, either. Looking forward to what folks are saying when KU finishes 7-5 or similar.

You can't possibly know that.  There is nothing to indicate that other than that's what you want to believe.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So if he's succeed with almost no talent, that's pretty good coaching.

I'm not doubting his coaching ability; I'm doubting his recruiting ability. Despite his success at KU this year, they're still #78 in recruiting. Not exactly knocking it off the park on the recruiting trail, eh? But I guess with our "superior resources" he'd be able to do it here? :lol:

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Exactly.  So if he's succeed with almost no talent, that's pretty good coaching.

I don't think anyone here doesn't think he can't coach but when it comes to competing against not ranked teams but elite ranked teams how does your team stack up? Illinois is doing great this year being 6-1 but in no way do I think they can or would beat Ohio State or Alabama or Georgia. Good coaches just not enough talent to compete when it comes down to it.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm not doubting his coaching ability; I'm doubting his recruiting ability.

You don't recruit your way to a contending program.  You coach your way there.

Recruiting success follows on-field success.  Not the other way around.

10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Despite his success at KU this year, they're still #78 in recruiting. Not exactly knocking it off the park on the recruiting trail, eh? But I guess with our "superior resources" he'd be able to do it here? :lol:

See above.

Also, people have seen his success there for about one month now.  That's not exactly a lot of time to put together a lot of recruits.

• Plus1 1

Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

I don't think anyone here doesn't think he can't coach but when it comes to competing against not ranked teams but elite ranked teams how does your team stack up? Illinois is doing great this year being 6-1 but in no way do I think they can or would beat Ohio State or Alabama or Georgia. Good coaches just not enough talent to compete when it comes down to it.

People thought the same thing when we played Ohio State and Oklahoma last year.

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You don't recruit your way to a contending program.  You coach your way there.

It will always need both. Bc you can coach all day long but if you dont have enough talent then you can only get so far. You would think with all the hype that Kansas got with winning and being ranked that the recruiting class would be better then what it is. That just tells me 2 things that recruits may not care about Kansas football or Kansas doesn't necessarily believe in getting better recruits and we will coach them up. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

It will always need both. Bc you can coach all day long but if you dont have enough talent then you can only get so far. You would think with all the hype that Kansas got with winning and being ranked that the recruiting class would be better then what it is. That just tells me 2 things that recruits may not care about Kansas football or Kansas doesn't necessarily believe in getting better recruits and we will coach them up. 

Kansas didn’t start getting a lot of hype and attention until 2 weeks ago. 

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Right but we lost.  The results of those games speak for themselves bc SF and Erik Chinander are gone. 

Yep.  We competed with the top teams in the country with a coach that got fired.  So a better coach could be expected to have better results, right?