Who should our next HC be?

3 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

How do people feel about Mike Gundy?

Living in Tulsa and watching him win the way he has while playing second fiddle to OU :ou1:  I would take him in a heartbeat.  He develops players and finds guys to fit his game plan.  He seems to always find the right combination of RB, WR, & QB.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Living in Tulsa and watching him win the way he has while playing second fiddle to OU :ou1:  I would take him in a heartbeat.  He develops players and finds guys to fit his game plan.  He seems to always find the right combination of RB, WR, & QB.  

I am in total agreement with you. Would you say he is too ingrained at OSU to consider coming here?

2 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

They expect Urban Meyer. Although recently they’ve allowed Chris Petersen to be discussed…so progress indeed. 

It's like dropping names. It's validating. A feeling of superiority is gained temporarily.. Not always. I know people who support the wiener guy that aren't like that. But then again, they don't have to always be right. They are secure within themselves. Giving attention to those who are deserving of it rather than those believing themselves entitled is good policy. 

I've admired Chris Peterson for a long time. I'm not convinced that he wants to return to coaching. Only if he thought he'd gotten his life in order according to his definition of it and has the desire to do it.  As for Rib (D. Sanders), he says a lot of meaningful things. He offers intangibles. I just don't think he's ready for this much a step up nor do I think that he's interested. All *opinion* of coarse.

19 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

from what I was told he now has an AD he likes and OSU is his alma mater so...

24 minutes ago, GlobalHusker said:

If we don’t get Urbs or Peterson, I have to admit that MJ is winning me over.

Yeah you know I think there are several options we can go with including Mickey but the way he held the team together today and didn't let the mistakes get to them. I was really impressed. I think we should try hard to keep him around at least in some capacity. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Yeah you know I think there are several options we can go with including Mickey but the way he held the team together today and didn't let the mistakes get to them. I was really impressed. I think we should try hard to keep him around at least in some capacity. 

To be fair, Frost had 9 losses like this in 2021, so now it’s used as a positive for Mickey?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Yeah. For the first time since I can remember I felt like we still had a chance to pull it out. Previous 2 HC’s teams never gave me that hope.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

To be fair, Frost had 9 losses like this in 2021, so now it’s used as a positive for Mickey?

Mickey has been coaching the team for like 5 weeks. Frost's problem was he did that same thing for 5 years and never got over that hump. Close losses are part of rebuilding any team but you have to win at some point. I saw Mickey over encouraging the players after the missed TD to brown. Frost just seemed to check out and seemed miserable when stuff like that happened. 

Just now, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Mickey has been coaching the team for like 5 weeks. Frost's problem was he did that same thing for 5 years and never got over that hump. Close losses are part of rebuilding any team but you have to win at some point. I saw Mickey over encouraging the players after the missed TD to brown. Frost just seemed to check out and seemed miserable when stuff like that happened. 

I agree that Mickey has much better sideline demeanor and spirit to the players. Again, being better than Frost is a bear minimum.