***Official 2023 College Football Thread***

suh_fan93

19 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Wouldn't it be funny if other schools actually get exposed. 

Doubtful since no one else besides Michigan is cheating though so rest easy salties! 

LULZ

Are you arguing that there should be no enforcement of the rules since there is cheating going on? Even when someone gets caught cheating?

• TBH 1

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Are you arguing that there should be no enforcement of the rules since there is cheating going on? Even when someone gets caught cheating?

It's just funny watching Husker fans going ape $# over the whole UM thing.  You can definitely tell it's another down year for Nebraska.

Kinda sad when you think about it...

I don’t think there is any chance that there isn’t another team also acquiring opponents signals contrary to the rules. So the person pushing the narrative that “people” believe otherwise can just stop. Those people don’t exist. Wanting a team punished for breaking the rules is not the same thing as saying nobody else is doing it. It also is not even remotely close to saying that Nebraska (or anyone) would have beat Michigan if MU wasn’t cheating. These are childish beliefs.

But I also don’t believe this is selective enforcement. Michigan and Stalions were simply sloppy and got caught. They, and anyone else caught cheating, should pay the consequences. 

It’s just plain lazy to generally say that others are doing it too so it must be unfair to punish Michigan for cheating. If/When any other team is caught doing it, then they should be punished too. I guess the alternate plan would be to do away with the rule pertaining to this. There are ways around it. Multiple guys sending in signals with only one of them known to be the key or go old school and send the plays into the huddle by messenger. Or put communication in the QBs helmet. But then there will have to be rules against intercepting those transmissions electronically.

IMO it’s sort of a stupid rule to allow signal acquisition by some means but not others. Problem right now is, that’s the way the rule is written and Michigan and everyone knows it. Break the rules and get caught, expect to pay the price. Don’t whine and say others do it too.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He literally said selective enforcement would be unfair.

And he literally said selective enforcement isn't happening because no one else has been caught.

I'm simply dabbling in the real world, and speculating about similar situations where it hasn't been so neat and clean. Not sure I understand the pushback here. 

14 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

It's just funny watching Husker fans going ape $# over the whole UM thing.  You can definitely tell it's another down year for Nebraska.

Kinda sad when you think about it...

What is funny and sad is seeing someone so accepting of a team getting caught cheating and then justifying it with ridiculous arguments like; Nebraska is having a down year so they shouldn’t care or other teams are doing it (with no actual proof of that) or totally fabricated claims that “those” people think it’s only Michigan.  Your arguments are weak sauce.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
Just now, JJ Husker said:

What is funny and sad is seeing someone so accepting of a team getting caught cheating and then justifying it with ridiculous arguments like; Nebraska is having a down year so they shouldn’t care or other teams are doing it (with no actual proof of that) or totally fabricated claims that “those” people think it’s only Michigan.  Your arguments are weak sauce.

Yet you continually stalk and respond to my 'arguments that are weak sauce'.

You were saying about weak sauce?

Hmmmmmdeeeerp

1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yet you continually stalk and respond to my 'arguments that are weak sauce'.

You were saying about weak sauce?

Hmmmmmdeeeerp

Stalk? WTF exactly is it that you don’t understand about a public message board?

When people post inane ideas and make controversial claims, others just may respond. But I guess it is consistent with believing actions shouldn’t have consequences.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

And he literally said selective enforcement isn't happening because no one else has been caught.

I'm saying there's no evidence of selective enforcement. There's been no enforcement at all up to this point, let alone it being selective.

7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm simply dabbling in the real world, and speculating about similar situations where it hasn't been so neat and clean. Not sure I understand the pushback here. 

I don't have any issue with the questions you're asking, I just don't agree with the conclusions you're suggesting.

• Plus1 1

I have been sooo impressed with Jayden Daniels LSU all year.  Love the kid and his talent.  And right there with him, Michael Penix from Washington. 6'3 220 with that sweet throwing left-handed motion and touch.

You add Caleb Williams into that mix, and you cannot go wrong drafting any of these 3 amazing quarterbacks.  

Seriously, this is the most prolific, or best QB group we've seen in quite some time (10 years or so?? Longer maybe??) without the mock draft experts needing to upvote early 2nd rounders into top 15 picks.  

Right now Jayden Daniels is leading LSU over Florida (close game) and he has 504 yards total (220 yards rushing) with 3 TDs.  :blink: :hellloooo:hellloooo  He still has the 4th quarter to play! 

He is incredible, all year.  Smart, quick, smooth and accurate and tough to defend when he starts running a little bit too.  Wow.  504 yards through 3 quarters!  

My #4 in the QB sweepstakes is Travis from Florida State.  I think he is right up there with those guys and will do well in the pros too.  He's got the arm, experience, and quickness to run some too. 

When the draft comes, there will be some super studs coming into the league, ready to help all the crappy teams become good again

:woo:woo

LSU Jayden Daniels against Flordia

17 pass completions, 372 yards, 3 touchdowns

234 yards rushing, 2 touchdowns

606 yards total & 5 TDs

th?id=OVFT.gjGn_4tvxxhV6E36MFNZ4y&pid=News&w=300&h=186&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90

He's listed at 6'3 185 but will be interesting when the NFL combine comes.  I remember that Colt McCoy at Texas was 6'3 200 but the combine showed he was 6'1.  

I might take him over Caleb Williams with the 1st pick.  But it would probably be safer to go with Caleb.  Either way there will be some good QB picks in next year's draft 

Caleb Williams - USC

Jayden Daniels - LSU

Michael Penix - Wash

Jordan Travis - FSU

JJ McCarthy - Mich

Drake Maye - UNC

Bo Nix - Oregon

S. Sanders - Col (he'll likely return)

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, Mavric said:

That sounds awesome!  I know the college football purist don't want any changes to the sport, including logos and advertising stuff....  but they do this kind of thing in pro-sports in Europe and South America....  it's really no biggie, and kind of cool.  Welcome to sponsorship, America :)  The year is 2023. Pay those bills with someone else's money and advertise all you want.  It really doesn't change the game or impact it.