***Official 2023 College Football Thread***

suh_fan93

We got back from seeing Phish and I looked up at the bar and this game was on.  I had no idea they were up 29-0 at half time!  Insane.  Still another exciting game.  

The fact that Hunter not only played but played both ways is incredible.  

Onward today to this game.  GO HUSKIES!!!!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

The fact that Hunter not only played but played both ways is incredible.  

Might not have been a good idea for him to play both ways. He was the primary defender on Ayomanor who had 13 rec for 294 yds and 3 tds. He also had a crucial penalty that gave Stanford a first down on a 3rd and 22 which Stanford converted into another touchdown. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, desertshox said:

Might not have been a good idea for him to play both ways. He was the primary defender on Ayomanor who had 13 rec for 294 yds and 3 tds. He also had a crucial penalty that gave Stanford a first down on a 3rd and 22 which Stanford converted into another touchdown. 

When put into perspective not sure how many guys could come back and play both ways after a lacerated kidney a few weeks prior.  You want to say he came back too early perhaps but he still was able to put up big numbers.  Just unreal.  

1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

When put into perspective not sure how many guys could come back and play both ways after a lacerated kidney a few weeks prior.  You want to say he came back too early perhaps but he still was able to put up big numbers.  Just unreal.  

Not saying he came back early at all. Most coaches would try to protect their player and have their best interest in mind by limiting the player to one side of the ball. Saying let him shine on one side of the ball then let him ease back into playing both sides of the ball.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, desertshox said:

Not saying he came back early at all. Most coaches would try to protect their player and have their best interest in mind by limiting the player to one side of the ball. Saying let him shine on one side of the ball then let him ease back into playing both sides of the ball.

I agree.  As many snaps as he plays playing both sides and after coming back from that injury that probably was too much in his first game back.  Heck I'm surprised the guy can do it even when he's healthy.  

3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Lanning is a good coach. I understand he goes aggressive but that last 4th down was dumb. There’s a difference between being smart aggressive and clown aggressive just to make a point. He did the latter and it cost Oregon. Dubs win!

I actually think the last one wasn't a bad decision.  But he sure could have used either one of the short field goals he passed on.