Garret McGuire Hired as Wide Receivers Coach

Mavric

9 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

Fz_951dWYAAG2cG.jpg

I think this will get all the haters to shut up. He can recruit your kid and date your wife! 

In all seriousness, this was a quote from a parody Husker account- Ballsack Skers. I can't link it at this time via Twitter. 

This guy is killing it on the trail. Now, if he can develop them he will be looked at as a steal of a hire. 

Edit- I do not know how to make the image smaller. 

We've seen the "recruit 4 star WR and DB to bump up class ranking" with each of the last two coaches. This will all be about development here, and keeping kids on campus. They are saying the right things, all seems well, but this is the same story until it's not. I want to like these guys, but I wanted to like the last two staffs also.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
12 hours ago, runningblind said:

We've seen the "recruit 4 star WR and DB to bump up class ranking" with each of the last two coaches.

I would say this about DB recruiting in this defense: you almost can't take too many because they could end up playing so many different positions. Somewhat to a lesser extent at WR but I think even amongst the guys Rhule has signed/recruited there are those that will play either TE or RB at some point. Some of the offensive guys will swap sides and vice versa.

I think at the end of the day these staffs highlighted athletes and believe its easier to beef up a fast prep player than it is to speed up a big prep player.

12 hours ago, runningblind said:

This will all be about development here, and keeping kids on campus.

Nail on the head and I think we got a guy whose track record speaks highly of that. Can he sustain a program, I don't know he's never stayed anywhere long enough. Big difference between winning with that 3/4 year old starter and winning after replacing him. I certainly have my questions of him, but on some of these things that he's talked about a lot, you can go back to Temple and see he did similar things with similar traditions and so forth.

• Plus1 1

That's one heckuva statement of intent by Betts, and I think he also said IGC was on pace to graduate this August.

The transfer portal can be a good thing in some cases, but once guys start bouncing around in that thing their odds of graduating go down. So it's great to hear that not only are they back as Huskers, but back on track academically.

• Oh Yeah! 1